SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot more low profile than I thought haha

Nervous that since they are ultra high performance, that I may have to get new ones too soon...

But here they are!

I'll post pics of when they are mounted and installed!

I'm ready for the decreased gas mileage http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
What size? I had bad luck with 2 sets of Kumhos on the wear aspect...hope yours are better!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Veefifty T5AWD)

Quote, originally posted by Veefifty T5AWD »
What size? I had bad luck with 2 sets of Kumhos on the wear aspect...hope yours are better!

Exactly what I am afraid of!

These are 225/40/18s going on the pictured 18x7.5s

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I think good rotation habits will help (maybe every 5K). Make sure you have an alignment done asap as well to ensure nothing is off that will increase abnormal wear.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (genjy)

Quote, originally posted by genjy »
Did the installer balance the wheels?

Yes cost me over 175$ just to get the wheels on the car through les scwab and thats without Siping

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would go back and double check everything.

Tonight you can get the car in the air and check your ball joints. Get a wheel off the ground and move it back and forth (away from the car) if there is a lot of play, your ball joints are bad.

You might have mud in the wheels, but if you did, the tire shop probably would have caught it.

Also check to see that all your lugs are torqued down to spec (if you have a torque wrench.. if not, make sure they aren't just finger tight.) Remember that torque specs for our cars are somewhat low... 65 comes to mind, but I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (sanatarium)

Quote, originally posted by sanatarium »
$175? What for??

Sounds like they might not be centered properly. Are you using centering rings?

No just got them installed few hours ago and they claim everything is done according to factory settings ( I was tempted to go to the volvo dealer across the street, but they were closed..)

I'm not using rings...yet..

What size do I need?

And they charged the 175$ for balancing and mounting. Whatever..paid in cash

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: (Kallvin22)

even high end tire places dont charge more than 20 per wheel

did you get your tires from tire rack? they have recommended installers on their website that list their prices, i kno hindsight is 20/20 but just throwing it out there since u might have to remount them

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
My steering wheel also gets shakey when i start go to over 100 km or 60mph. I had them rebalanced by the dealership and also some other tire shop but it is still there. Good thing I drive city speed 90% of the time. I kinda of got used to it and also did not want to waste anymore on paying people to balance because in the end it's gonna stay. What does your wheel start to shake?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Vash13)

Quote, originally posted by Vash13 »
My steering wheel also gets shakey when i start go to over 100 km or 60mph. I had them rebalanced by the dealership and also some other tire shop but it is still there. Good thing I drive city speed 90% of the time. I kinda of got used to it and also did not want to waste anymore on paying people to balance because in the end it's gonna stay. What does your wheel start to shake?

Well I'm a speeder and constantly going over 60 so it irritates me alot! And yes about 60mph my steering vibrates....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (Vash13)

Sounds like you guys need some hubcentric rings. My car steering wheel shakes currently when I get on the freeway, because when I switched my wheels I forgot to swap my hubcentric rings. Before that I didn't have any shake. I got up to 120ish one time and it still felt like I was cruising at 50 mph. Hubcentric rings FTW.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.