SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After driving BMW cars only for the past 15 years (E36, E46, E90, and F30) I decided its time to get a bigger car so my two little kids, dog, and I can have more adventures. I hate SUVs so I decided for go for a wagon and I think the Volvo V90 is probably the BEST looking wagon.
Last night I bought a 2018 V90 CC with 25k miles and I am in love with it.

Any advice or suggestions for a new Volvo V90 owner?

Thank you and I am excited to be here.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
congrats! Buy a CPO extended warranty if it is a CPO car and you are interested. Need to do within 30 days.

Take time to find those buttons and settings, when it is safe. People here are happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Reactions: fusace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
congrats! Buy a CPO extended warranty if it is a CPO car and you are interested. Need to do within 30 days.

Take time to find those buttons and settings, when it is safe. People here are happy to answer any questions.

Its not a CPO and I bought it from a Dodge dealership but still under the original warranty for another 10 months. Can I still get an extended warranty and how much does it typically cost?

Thanks,

·
Registered
634 Posts
Its not a CPO and I bought it from a Dodge dealership but still under the original warranty for another 10 months. Can I still get an extended warranty and how much does it typically cost?

Thanks,
Yes you can. Search for Steingold extended warranty in this forum, plenty of info, very helpful guys.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yes you can. Search for Steingold extended warranty in this forum, plenty of info, very helpful guys.
And, take that quote to your local Volvo dealer to see if they will match it. It is always good to find a good Volvo dealer and service department and build a relationship with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Note that there is a little cubbie with a door above the left knee on lower dash. Often overlooked as you need to be looking for it. I use it for my sunglasses - some don't find it works for that, however, still a spot you can use for something.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When it goes on sale, get a polestar tune. Probably around the holiday time especially towards the end of the year. IMO, its worth it for everyday driving.

Reactions: walt2810

·
Registered
22 Posts
I strongly recommend wireless Carplay and wireless charger for our non-MY2021 V90CCs. Those work like a charm for my 2017 V90CC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought mine as CPO but Steingold was happy to allow me to extend my CPO to 8 years even though I exceeded that "30 day purchase limit" by almost a year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Honestly, I do not understand why one would want a wireless charging adaptor that just takes up usable space. A simple two USB outlet adaptor and two one foot cords from Amazon allow you to charge two phones at once securely out of the way. Just slip them into the net on the passenger side of the console.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
A screen protector film is very nice, if not already added. :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Buy the load retainer arms to carry lumber or a Christmas tree on top of your wagon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Honestly, I do not understand why one would want a wireless charging adaptor that just takes up usable space. A simple two USB outlet adaptor and two one foot cords from Amazon allow you to charge two phones at once securely out of the way. Just slip them into the net on the passenger side of the console.
One word: CORDS. I can't speak for the person who originally suggested a wireless charger, but I have one and love it and I love the fact that I don't have to worry about dangling cords in my center console. There are wireless chargers that are made specifically for the Volvo vehicles that look like Volvo designed it themselves. If you have one, you can still shut the cover on your center console (when not charging a phone) and it doesn't block your cupholders so you still have access to both of them. Of course, if you do want to use wireless Apple Carplay or wireless Android Auto you will still need a dongle that goes inside your covered part of the center console so you can go totally wireless.

·
Registered
298 Posts
One word: CORDS. I can't speak for the person who originally suggested a wireless charger, but I have one and love it and I love the fact that I don't have to worry about dangling cords in my center console. There are wireless chargers that are made specifically for the Volvo vehicles that look like they Volvo designed it themselves. If you have one, you can still shut the cover on your center console (when not charging a phone) and it doesn't block your cupholders so you still have access to both of them. Of course, if you do want to use wireless Apple Carplay or wireless Android Auto you will still need a dongle that goes inside your covered part of the center console so you can go totally wireless.
With the set-up I described there are no dangling cords; just two short ones running from the 12v outlet at the front of the console to the net on the passenger side of the console. For Apple carplay, which I use only for Waze and listening to Audible books, I use another 1' cord in the covered bin along with the phone. The phone still connects with no problems and again, no clutter or dangling cords.

·
Registered
50 Posts
With the set-up I described there are no dangling cords; just two short ones running from the 12v outlet at the front of the console to the net on the passenger side of the console. For Apple carplay, which I use only for Waze and listening to Audible books, I use another 1' cord in the covered bin along with the phone. The phone still connects with no problems and again, no clutter or dangling cords.
I hear you but I shouldn't have used the word dangling in my response. My point was that I don't want ANY cords to be visible. The wireless charger and Android Auto or Apple Carplay dongle completely eliminates the need for any cords. The reason I feel this way is that I view my S90 as a luxury car and having any cords visible in the interior of a luxury car is a complete and total turnoff for me. This is all about personal preference. Having a short cord visible doesn't bother you but it would drive me nuts. As the old saying goes, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I hear you but I shouldn't have used the word dangling in my response. My point was that I don't want ANY cords to be visible. The wireless charger and Android Auto or Apple Carplay dongle completely eliminates the need for any cords. The reason I feel this way is that I view my S90 as a luxury car and having any cords visible in the interior of a luxury car is a complete and total turnoff for me. This is all about personal preference. Having a short cord visible doesn't bother you but it would drive me nuts. As the old saying goes, different strokes for different folks.
That's what makes horse racing. :)

·
Premium Member
06 V50 AWD T5 2.5 M66 silver
6 Posts
Hi,

After driving BMW cars only for the past 15 years (E36, E46, E90, and F30) I decided its time to get a bigger car so my two little kids, dog, and I can have more adventures. I hate SUVs so I decided for go for a wagon and I think the Volvo V90 is probably the BEST looking wagon.
Last night I bought a 2018 V90 CC with 25k miles and I am in love with it.

Any advice or suggestions for a new Volvo V90 owner?

Thank you and I am excited to be here.

View attachment 131278
Go to your local dealership and get to know them.
Bring in some snacks for the mechanics and get to know them by name.
They can be really cool sometimes (comps, discounts, "lose" billing paperwork, etc) depending on the location.
My dad worked at a Volvo dealership for 18 years as a parts manager.
The repeat Volvo customer is seen as really cool and valuable to most of the tenured staff.

And for the love of everything right and good:

-Keep every fluid full and new.
-If you aren't the DIY type, still keep a little nook somewhere that has a 5 quart synthetic oil container (full), some wiper fluid, a T25 torx driver, a code reader, and some oxy-clean for the inside and out.
-and throw a peace sign ( or a "V") to other volvo drivers.

Reactions: fusace

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
If planning to keep your vehicle for a long time, I would recommend getting at least a full-frontal Paint Protection Film (PPF) installed, from a reputable installer in your town. Well worth the spend. Especially with that Onyx Black paint.

Take it from someone who got caught up in a sandstorm in WY in their 2nd month of ownership, and the micro-scratches all over the Vehicle healed in a day or two while the windshield is pitted so badly, it looks like it came out of a 20-year old, unmaintained car.

My $0.02!

·
Registered
143 Posts
If planning to keep your vehicle for a long time, I would recommend getting at least a full-frontal Paint Protection Film (PPF) installed, from a reputable installer in your town. Well worth the spend. Especially with that Onyx Black paint.

Take it from someone who got caught up in a sandstorm in WY in their 2nd month of ownership, and the micro-scratches all over the Vehicle healed in a day or two while the windshield is pitted so badly, it looks like it came out of a 20-year old, unmaintained car.

My $0.02!
In addition: I'd recommend getting the rear hatch spoiler covered with protective film as well as the some of the hatch. My only dings in the car are when I opened the hatch in a parking lot with some low ceiling pipes. Once when I was not paying attention resulted in a big ding/scratch right below the "VOLVO" lettering. The other time (on the spoiler) was when I had a ladder on the roof racks and the kick to open decided to open the hatch right when I was approaching the rear of the car to install my hitch receiver. I've developed a love/hate relationship with the kick to open. I've learned the sweet spot when I want it to work - but it's also popped the hatch almost randomly when I didn't want it to open. I wish there was a Sensus option to temporarily disable this feature.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts