SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, picked her up yesterday. 2006 V50 T5, 89,900 on the odometer. Tapatalk won't let me upload the picture, so those will come later. The dealer called her "grey" which she is not. Don't remember exact name but it's the blue/grey Volvo has. Having only had her a day, can't speak too much about her, but def a change from my '08 C30 manual. Acceleration off the line isn't as much of a kick in the pants, though it is smoother than what my shifting was. Got to take her on some nice twisties and I must say, the car is very nimble for carrying around a bigger back side.

She will be remaining mostly stock, as I have neither the time or funds to do anything fun. Should I squire more of either (namely funds) I'll probably just beef up the sway bars, and do a Stage 0. This will be my family DD, not track car, so everything will be geared towards better handling for safety, and maybe some better breathing for the engine.

Since I won't be going full bore, is there a polestar upgrade for this model? I've heard they offer it for 2006 T5 engines but wasn't sure if it was exclusive to any models. I've heard the polestar is a nice basic flash that offers a bit more excitement and low end torque, which is more of what I'm interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Congrats on the new Volvo, as for the tune idk if it's available for your model or not but I think a 3rd party tune would give you more bang for your buck the polestar tune is expensive and does not provide as much power. I don't think the polestar tune even comes with a warranty

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Congratulations man can't wait to see pictures. If the C30 was AWD T5 I would buy one in a heart beat!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
At 90k I would probably consider doing the timing belt and check the pcv if it hadn't been done before putting any money into performance upgrades. They're cool cars though, congrats. We have an 06 s40 r5 awd and its a lot of fun.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been reviewing car fax and it does not look like timing belt or pcv system have been worked on yet. Any tuning or sway bars I do won't be for at least a year or more. I have a another kid coming in January, and my wife is the breadwinner so all our money is going towards savings to cover maternity leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Is your exhaust rattling....I'm sure it is a little....
An aftermarket 2.5"-3" downpipe and exhaust is what you want....
Then a tune from elevate or IPD to take real advantage of what you have :partywave:
Don't forget to tell them that you have a larger DP, it makes a difference.
Yes, I do miss my S40.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Good luck with her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts