SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a white S40, 2001 with 7K miles on it today. No options but plan on adding a cd and some tires and rims. Sold an Audi 97 A4 Q 1.8T Auto for this car and I am impressed with the power, the ride, and the quiet cabin, over the Audi. Nothing but smiles. Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the club. I'm curious how you compare your new car to your Audi. My brother has one of those and loves it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's good to hear reviews like that (especially ones that involve being compared to the A4) The quattro is an amazing vehicle and although i've never driven one in wet weather i'm sure its a blast!!

2001 Volvo S40 "Volvo for life"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In comparing the A4 to the S40, I have only driven the S40 for 100 miles so I can't give you a real good opinion yet. But I can tell you that where my wife would have taken the Audi Quattro this A.M., she opted to leave the S40 due to ice. I'm putting Spider Spikes on today which should give her more confidence. The Audi was difficult to get repaired, the closest Audi dealer from us is 2 hours, Volvo has a dealer 1 hour away. The Volvo 1.9T Auto 5 spd feels much quicker than the Audi 1.8T Auto 4spd. Just a premonition- but I think this will be a much better car.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts