SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have an 06 SR, but for some reason I think the black bumper trims makes the R sexy. So I did this...

The story? Well, I got a little time on my hands so I decided to paint the bumper trim, at the same time I redid the Volvo, R and AWD badges, and then attached the spoiler wrapped in 3M Carbon Fiber...

I still need to finish the sides and the front lower bumper though.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
looks good.. Love the wheels! Only thing Im not digging is the black side trim.. Good job otherwise.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
974 Posts
As a fellow Passion SR owner, I like it. Unique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I like it maxenar good job.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
mamma said nothing good to say, dont say it....well i have something good to say. Looks nice, maybe some red in the car will be good....Like red brembos with black brembo decals on it

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I like it. I have two suggestions though:
1. Paint the exhaust black. It will disappear under the car if you do.
2. Paint the rotor hats silver, if you haven't already. The brakes will stand out more against the the black wheels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
looks aweseom!! what did you use to paint it?

·
Registered
919 Posts
yeah I think it looks great! except the tinted headlights, I like as much light as possible on the road!!

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I really like it too! Are those the Vanilla Werks Wheels?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Also, needs more black/red moose decals ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
OK, ENOUGH! I got an R to have a nice car to drive that has good handling and performance. Now you guys are pushing me to R OCD. You know, you are sitting quietly in the house and then you jump up and go raise the hood to get an idea of what some perf part would like like under there. You lay on the ground and look under the car. You remove things and take them inside and wash and detail them. You remove wheels and clean brake rotor hats. etc, etc

Does Xanax help? (please tell me that Xanax isn't also the name of some performance parts company!)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Looks good Max, headlights are a little too dark but overall nice touches.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone lol! I just got back from Cars & Coffee Dallas (Plano). Bimmerdood posted a pic up a few posts... We were the only 2 Volvos there I think...

I tinted the headlights temporarily to see how it would look. They're coming off tonight because I can't see a damn thing in the dark!!

And yea, I'm gonna show the rotors some red & black love, and then some drilled rotors love. For anyone being curious to the black paint, they're all Plastidip. They're not permanent for sure.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks good!! I'm guessing that you can tint headlights in Texas. Around here you will get pulled over pretty quickly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts