SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a little bored yesterday so I figured I'd go take some pictures of the S40. The shots are a little interesting angle wise, but hey I figured I'd experiment a little. Let me know what you think!

PS Sorry for some of the glare!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: (VolvoINSIDE)

Is it really any of your business anyway? I'm 17 and I have a good amount of money. Havent gotten around to putting it in my car because im busy using it for my computer.

Anyway, nice pics. Was the body kit the full kit or did you just paint the stock surrounds and add the front lip?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, as for the money, I worked for 3 summer so I got a little over a thousand there(minimum wage not working a lot). Then the rest is from collecting birthday checks, christmas money, ever since I was little, when I turned 16 and my grandfather died I had $5,000 to my name in the will, and then the rims were a birthday present last year. Don't worry, I'm not offended in anyone asking, I'd rather someone ask then get flamed and stereotyped. No worries!

As for the kit, It was the full OEM kit that comes on the T5, then it has the Heico Front and Rear Lips/Valences.

As for tire shine I was going to, but of course silly me figured, first day on new tires who needs tire shine! haha

Thanks though guys!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: (makonyy15)

Quote, originally posted by makonyy15 »
Well, as for the money, I worked for 3 summer so I got a little over a thousand there(minimum wage not working a lot). Then the rest is from collecting birthday checks, christmas money, ever since I was little, when I turned 16 and my grandfather died I had $5,000 to my name in the will, and then the rims were a birthday present last year. Don't worry, I'm not offended in anyone asking, I'd rather someone ask then get flamed and stereotyped. No worries!

Good stuff. Thought maybe you got sponsored or knew some people.

When I was 17, I had about $300 or so in my savings account, no car, no job, nada. Whereas now a days, all kinds of young people driving nice cars and fixing them up. You're much better off than I was.

I like looks by the way. Nice and clean. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, well I'm hoping for a sponsor after this weekend. I'm heading down to Carlisle for the Performance and Style show with the customs shop and well I'll try and get the car out there to try and pick up a sponsor. Lets hope for the best though, and maybe I can bring us home an award!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Car looks great! Detail it up before the meet and make sure you apply some glaze to it for that wet look.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips, any specific product you recommend for the glaze? I usually wax it up before shows with Meguier's and I bring along all my products usually including Armor All wipes, Wheel Cleaner and Tire Wet- anything else?

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Re: Got Bored- Pictures (mgcarma)

Quote, originally posted by mgcarma »
Those slits in the upper fenders, are they stock factory? or is that an option?
thanks
K
V50 wagon (not as cool as yours)
K

They're custom made, as he described in this thread.

UKMatt

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Hello again. Hmm a brand of glaze...I would say Malco is your safest bet. 3M also makes good stuff but I've found it's really difficult to apply by hand across the board with their stuff.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yup African Road! I'm out of here in the fall for Lafayette College, so who knows if I'm coming back after college.

BigWill- Thanks, I saw the 3M, but like you've said I've heard about the difficulty. I'll check out malco, thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
10/10 to you makonyy15

Nice to see a 17 yr old do some tasteful mods to a car - so many young drivers make their cars look like a dogs dinner.
(or the end result of a dogs dinner more like...)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts