SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just signed the paperwork to lease a new S40. Last week I e-mailed Dension to ask if they knew when some sort of iPod support was available. This is what I got back:

"We do not have an ETA on the VOLVO S 40. I will tell you that it will not be with in the next 8 months.

Lisa @| Dension USA

Direct: [email protected]
Support: [email protected]
Web: http://www.densionusa.com

Tel: 562.595.5153 x 123
Sales: 866.822.3673 x 123
Fax: 562.864.4010

"Let the Music be with you!"

Just figured I'd share.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Probably can't be bothered to put the time into trying to figure out the issue of iPod integration in one model of car (S40/V50)....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (cino321)

Quote, originally posted by cino321 »
Yeah it sucks... how does the mp3 support work on our cars... i do have the select package with the premium radio.

There is no mp3 support in our cars.

G

·
Re: (josh684)

Yeah but you'll also need to wire an amplifier. I looked into it, but for that's $$$ just for iPod support.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Re: (aldebaran)

why do you guys tend to pick with the fm modulator?
Ok, it's not a true solution, but works perfectly. I really dont get it. And it's much cheaper than any solution presented (or not) by volvo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in New York City... where the frequencies are extremley busy... for example, the telecommunications wiring in my house picks up Radio Disney and I hear it while I'm on the phone... it's nuts; oh and how does the JL Audio Cleansweep work?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The ceansweep takes the speakerwires after they run through the factory amp and is able to input a source through there. But the signal back to the speakers needs to be reamplified. The cleansweep also privides you the aux out so that you can hook up a subwofer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

that's a mission... I leased my s40 for two years so I don't think that'll work out... CD-R's galore i guess... how does the Volvo FM modulator work... is it better than others?

·
Registered
633 Posts

Quote, originally posted by josh684 »
The ceansweep takes the speakerwires after they run through the factory amp and is able to input a source through there. But the signal back to the speakers needs to be reamplified. The cleansweep also privides you the aux out so that you can hook up a subwofer.

I know this has been discussed before but, does that mean if I want to put in my subs, im looking into 2 12's and an amp, does that mean I also need the clean sweep? As opposed to just taping in the Fiber Optic speaker cable from like the left rear door?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got my new ipd catalogue today, and noticed that they now have an S40 T5 that they are planning on "dinking" around with. They specifically mentioned that they are gonna see what they can come up with in connection with the ipod input.

I wait with baited breath!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Well, the 07 models do have an aux input so if you wait and order the 07 model you'll be golden for ipod support.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts