SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up another R and all I need is to get it painted. Hope you enjoy the photos!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
is this a shell for an R/C car? electric or gas?
Both...190 mm wide 1/10 scale R/C cars...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They actually discontinued that shell a long time ago and I actually found one in a hobby store and the guy looked surprised when I bought both bodies. It's a 190mm shell for an electric car as nitro cars run a 200mm shell.

Since I bought two one is goingto be painted as a normal color as my R and the other will be painted like the ATSpeed car.

Is it me or does it look like it has the Evolve front bumper?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Hey that's cool, what kind of chassis do you have? I never did like the quality of protoform bodies, I always found the plastic was way thinner than HPI or Tamiya bodies, didn't last as long. Though I did run a S80 protoform body for a while.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (vintagemilano)

Funny thing is that I don't even have a car yet but probably going to pick up a Team Associated TC4. I've had a T-Maxx but wanted something to represent my love for the Volvo.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: (slowrey)

Ya, I've got a HPI pro 3, bit on the old side now but not really using it since we moved, no one to race with anymore. Team assosiated are good chassis as is an HPI pro 4, I would get the one that has the easiest to get parts unless you are going to really race it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: Got a New R and you'll want one too!!! (slowrey)

Can you make jello in that thing?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Re: Got a New R and you'll want one too!!! (Filson)

Quote, originally posted by Filson »
Can you make jello in that thing?

Whoa that's a good idea.. a giant jello volvo. you could make it sonic blueberry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts