SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been overdue for a change and a long hiatus from modding the volvo so thanks to Revolve scored a hell of a deal on the Elevate front bumper. Im in need of some washer covers (mine doesnt have the washers) in which I will paint and just glue in place.

Also added a little extra flare so mines just a bit different from the rest :D

Initial fit test:

Finished product:

Sorry crappy phone pics and sun was pretty much down so struggling to take any shots in the dark.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Looks stunning. Wish I had thought of the lower lip, it really makes this bumper stand out. That was always my gripe with the Elevate piece--you've fixed it. Glad it's found a new home.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hey, that's look great. Now, did you paint the bumper yourself? I'm curious on how somebody goes about getting a primed bumper and then getting it painted.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Hey, that's look great. Now, did you paint the bumper yourself? I'm curious on how somebody goes about getting a primed bumper and then getting it painted.
Paint shop...

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
FF - LOOKS AWESOME.
what did you use for the lower lip? i may bring that to the east coast. also - i think i have spare washer covers. shoot me a pm if you want them. if i can dig them up they're yours for some shipping monies.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Lower lip looks to be the garage door seal mod. Lookin' good!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've been overdue for a change and a long hiatus from modding the volvo so
Sorry crappy phone pics and sun was pretty much down so struggling to take any shots in the dark.

i hate you !!! waiting on my EZ Lip comming...Free shipping to Canada.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Anyone put the EZ-Lip (garage door seal mod) on an OEM lower trim?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, Revolve had the same paint code as me. Just buffed it and threw it on.

If u buy new and comes primered I would do the prep work myself prior to taking to a paint shop. Cuts down on overall cost plus that's what most people hack which is why paint jobs come out looking like ass. 320 and some sanding blocks goes a long way to smooth out the primer.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone put the EZ-Lip (garage door seal mod) on an OEM lower trim?
Yeah, there is a red S40 who did it and looked awesome. I got my seal at Home Depot for $15 just to test it out. I want to then make a carbon piece based off of this look at some point with a full splitter.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Yeah, there is a red S40 who did it and looked awesome. I got my seal at Home Depot for $15 just to test it out. I want to then make a carbon piece based off of this look at some point with a full splitter.
Was it the stock (non-dynamic)? Thinking about something since I don't want to shell out for a dynamic lower spoiler...

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He added it right off the dynamic trim spoiler. Looked sweet and gave it less of just a pointy look

·
Registered
207 Posts
looks great, very mean look. Do you have more pictures on the forum somewhere or can you place them here? I want to look at your rear:D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Looks very nice. I drooled.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
looks good, a bit dark. You have the exhaust tips behind the bumper for a sleeper look?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The whole car theme is too dark. Wasn't trying to go for the murdered out look, just happened lol.

Thus why I went burnt copper with the calipers and at some point will do polished lip w/ gold centers or if I find Advans to redrill I'll do something all gold. All around I want more color. Candy teal calipers maybe :p

The exhaust tips I did turn downs because the dynamic trim comes uncut. So I have an open canvas as to how I wanna route a custom exhaust. I'll either to left side single exit or center exit ;)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
voting center exit. do this. meow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts