SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Goodbye V50. Hello M3.

9K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Veefifty T5AWD 
#1 ·
Just some parting words as my lease is up on the V50 next Wednesday. Last minute life change made the V50 the wrong car for me otherwise I'd keep it. Wicked car. Thanks for all the advice and entertainment this forum brought me. Was good while it lasted.

So it's off into the sunset with my new E46 M3.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice! Sad to see you go but at least you are going with a nice ride! I really like that generation and the newest of the M3.

#6 ·
Re: (Jeremy Nathan)

Quote, originally posted by Jeremy Nathan »
Sell me your rims!

Anything else you have to take off or want to take off before returning the V50?

Would love to but the dealer won't take the car back with my Sagitta's wearing winter shoes. Medusa's must stay on. Shame.

I also have Evolve Blue Lowering springs on the car that I can't be bothered to remove.

#8 ·
Re: Goodbye V50. Hello M3. (EricV)

Quote, originally posted by EricV »

Enjoy that M3 in good health...it'll be a blast.

Muahaha, is that an oxy moron
lol

Sick cars but high cost of ownership

#9 ·
Re: Goodbye V50. Hello M3. (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »

Sick cars but high cost of ownership

Absolutely. That's why it's great that despite being an '06 it has the balance of the free maintenance/warranty remaining...what with only 27,800km on it!!!

It also helps when your cousin is a BMW tech at your local dealer.

#10 ·
Yeah, I guarantee someone will be willing to figure out a quick solution to the winter tire problem and you'd be up some cash as well! Do it!

#12 ·
Re: Goodbye V50. Hello M3. (rodlentino)

Purely as a matter of principle, if you leased the car with the Sagitta's on then your dealership should take them back with them on, especially, if you bought the Medusa's separately.
I can only imagine that the 18" cost more then the stock 17", so it wouldn't be right for you to just hand them over to them like that. It's sad to say but the dealership might be pulling a fast one on you.

You might also want to re-read the lease agreement, to see if they are allowed to refuse winter tires instead of summer or all seasons.

I might be wrong, but that's just my opinion. And you can consider it an unbiased opinion, because I have no interest in getting 18", nor would they fit on my S60.

Have fun with the M3, I'm sure you will.

Cheers,
Raf

#13 ·
Re: Goodbye V50. Hello M3. (rodlentino)

Quote, originally posted by rodlentino »

It also helps when your cousin is a BMW tech at your local dealer.

Nice, check out HPF for turbo kits... or contact my fabricator who was on the design team for those projects

#14 ·
Yeah, good point. Even if you had to throw cheap all seasons on the sagitta's, you could sell the medusa with tires and come out on top. If you have decent tread on the medusas, you could probably get $800 easily in the classifieds. The more I think about your situation, the more I agree with raffneck. Dealer is getting a huge bonus here.

#19 ·
i really like the new M3's. I thought you got one of those at 1st but you didnt.

#21 ·
Quick update:

Getting some all seasons fitted to the Sagitta's this afternoon so the Medusa's with General Exclaim UHP's (225/40R18) with at least 1.5 seasons left will go up for sale soon. By the way amazing tire for the money. If you don't buy these, go get new ones. :thumbsup

Winter tires coming off the Sagitta's are Hankook IceBear W300 with tons of tread left. Up for sale soon.

Also, my Heico grille with satin silver trim (discontinued but still gorgeous and my favourite colour) will be up for sale soon.

Ran out of time to pull the Evolve springs off but I still have the original sport pkg springs if there is any interest there :.dunno

Get your cheque books ready...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.