SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title suggests, I have finally traded in the R after nearly 3 mostly trouble free years of ownership. Well, about 2 weeks ago. Nothing against the car, I just felt that moving forward a truck, or in this case, SUV, was more practical for me. In this case, that SUV turned out to be a 2011 Nissan Xterra PRO 4 X. Fully loaded, all factory options, and only 8 miles on the odometer when I picked her up. I had planned on trading in the R sometime in the next 6 months, and while I would have loved to have kept in the community, the dealership gave me a great price on trade in, not a whole lot less then I would have asked private party, and I essentially got to dump it on them, rather than doing it myself. The higher clearance, not having to take every driveway at 2mph and sideways, and having something that turns better than an aircraft carrier with a broken rudder has been awesome thus far. So without further ado, I'll share some pics of the new ride, along with the R. I still have my 85 240 so I am not completely out of the Volvo community, and still love the comic relief / reading about all that goes on here, I'll always be in the loop. With that, enjoy the pics !

And now, the X, taken today from at and around Mt. Hood.

Only modifications / additions so far are the hardwired Garmin 1490T, 15% tinted windows all around, and the aftermarket leather seats / seat heaters.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats!! That R looked Sexxay with purple rims.. any chance I can get the colour code?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sad to see your R go! I loved your wheels when I saw them in person... The Xterra used to be my favorite cars when I was younger something about it's styling with the roof rails.. The tints make it look like a Secret service mountain climber car or something and that 2 tone leather is pimp!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice Exterra! Too bad you couldn't have kept the R and still gotten your SUV... I have quite a few closeups of those rims from the GS, really liked the color as well... It was quite a story you had about getting them coated right before the IPD GS. Hopefully it goes to as dedicated an enthusiast. Once my R is paid off I will be upgrading my 89 pathfinder for a newer suv / truck., but definately not selling the R... I plan on keeping it as long as I can. :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Congrats on the new Xterra!
Before becoming a Volvo convert, I drove a Toyota 4Runner which I had a ton of fun in!
Just a different type of FUN than the R, but fun just the same.
BTW - The inside of your garage looks just like mine. LOL
Cheers!
Ron

·
Registered
633 Posts
Great choice, but WHY, oh why, did you upgrade from the Pro-X standard Manual 6-speed to an automatic?
The reason I would get the pro-x is the manual.
Ahh well, each to his own.

Loved the pics of you old R, in the IPD catalog a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Noooooooooo, I'll miss that car dearly! Hopefully you left a couple swedespeed stickers on it so the new owner can get a hint.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Great looking Xterra!, I kinda miss the snow, sometimes I wish we got it here. Sexy R man.. Hope you enjoy the new truck!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the compliments. It was definitely a hard moment when I watched the R drive away for the last time, without me in the drivers seat. Had a lot of good times with the car, and it will always be missed. But as is so often the case, its time to move on to bigger, better, slower, less gas mileage things ! I opted for the automatic over the manual only for the reason that it doesn't make that much difference to me. Would a manual have been fun ? Probably. Does the auto get the job done, especially for the type of driving I do the most ? Definitely. I'll save the manual for the next sports car I buy once the truck has run its course :)

To s60-R, as you can see from several posts, the wheels were something that many people got a kick out of. I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped, yelled at, or just had questions asked about the wheels. The reason I picked that color was that it was unique, and I knew no one else had it. I will have to respectfully decline providing you with the color code. Some secrets are meant to be kept. Go out there and have yours done in another crazy color !

·
Registered
914 Posts
Haha thats a way to keep originality.... I was thinking about doing something with my pegs but it's either gonna be the opposite of my current wheels color scheme but I havnt done anything with them yet cuz sometimes I think I want to do them like a bronze/gold or or medium purple...

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
I have to say, your R is a sexy car and I know you will miss it. That being said, the new ride is a nice ride and with all that snow, will make for a great ride.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha thats a way to keep originality.... I was thinking about doing something with my pegs but it's either gonna be the opposite of my current wheels color scheme but I havnt done anything with them yet cuz sometimes I think I want to do them like a bronze/gold or or medium purple...
Not gonna lie, I've kicked around doing the wheels of the X the same color as the R, I wish I knew someone who was good at photoshop haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts