SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a sunshade for my 2012 XC60. It's unclear to me which ones will fit well. I do not have the Technolgoy package, but of course it has City Safety, so there is a big sensor package under the rearview mirror. I seem to get different info as to whether the technology package matters or not on the 2012.

Looking at this one on ebay, it lists 2010/2011 w/o tech package, so I think it might work (even for a 2012), but the image in the ebay listing is not right.

This one on Amazon looks correct in the image, so I'd be inclined to go that way.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the one on the amazon link you listed. It works great and fits great. Way better than the many years of buying the generic ones and trying to cut them to fit. I do have the Tech package but I think that console area under the rear view mirror is pretty much the same regarless (just may have less camera or laser device in there). Someone who knows for sure will may answer). Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Heatshield brand sunshade arrived right on time.

It is cut perfectly, fits the windshield and sensor pod fine. The image on the amazon sales page shows it tucked right under the sensor pod - flush against the windshield. However, in my case, it hangs down about 4".

I asked the vendor about it, and they graciously sent another one (unsolicited - not asked for by me!). The replacement had the same fit, same "issue". (I say "issue", as it really isn't a big deal, but it doesn't look like the image on amazon.com (below):

Mine looks like this (below):

Another minor "issue": the velcro strap glued to the sunshade was mis-aligned, with about 1" of glue exposed (you have to pry it off the sunshade when unrolling it):

All in all, I'm very happy with the response from the amazon vendor (ProTrim), but slightly disappointed in the way it hangs below the sensor pod. The glue issue is easy enough to fix, just wrap a little tape around the exposed glue. I think it would have looked better if it would fit like the amazon image shows, but it still does the job. I could easily fix it with a bit of velcro or similar, but it's really not worth it. It is, after all, just a sunshade! ;)

Now I've got a spare...

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've bought several custom sun shades from Heatshield and always been very pleased with their product.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was looking for a good windshield sunshade for my Volvo XC60 and I decided to try Covercraft's UVS100 custom fit sunshade. I still cannot say much about its effectiveness, but is fits very nicely! It also looks as a very good quality product. Only downside is the fact that it is rather bulky, folding into big sections which makes it a bit difficult to put it in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was looking for a good windshield sunshade for my Volvo XC60 and I decided to try Covercraft's UVS100 custom fit sunshade. I still cannot say much about its effectiveness, but is fits very nicely! It also looks as a very good quality product. Only downside is the fact that it is rather bulky, folding into big sections which makes it a bit difficult to put it in place.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and effectiveness. looks great! I have been searching for a sunshade - where did you get this one?

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
I have used the Ultraviolet Heat Shield from AutoSport for at least 10 years on all our vehicles. It looks identical to the Covercraft pictured above. Aside from the comment about it being a little bulky, I don't have any complaints. It's easy top install and fits snug against the windshield. Most important, it's very good at keeping heat out of the interior. AutoSport offers another custom-fit one called the Reflector Sunshade that is reversible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts