SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My sister, living in Brooklyn NY, is looking into getting a V50. She went to a couple of dealerships today (Martin's in Manhattan and Bay Ridge in Brooklyn) and was less than impressed by either. Apparently the salespeople could care less about selling cars -- or even knowing what their products are. Being that the NE is such a large Volvo market, I told her there has to be some fantastic ones somewhere over there.

So to all you folks in the New York area: Where're the good dealerships? She's wisely of the mind that where she buys the car is where she wants to service it, so we're looking for both sales and service departments of quality. TIA for any tips.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

but... Wow. Nothing in the big city, huh?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Good NY Dealership? (exizldelfuego)

I'm quite pleased with Hudson Valley Volvo in Wappinger's Falls. It wil take 2 hours to get there from NYC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: (gdill2)

Quote, originally posted by gdill2 »
Does this click?

http://www.volvocars.us/tools/...te=NY

George Dill
This does not bode well for Volvo's in NYC. His sister was less than impressed with the first two dealers on the list (and I did not get a good impression from Martin when dealing with them). And the 3rd one (Nemet) does not deserve to be a Volvo dealership at all. I had a horrible purchase experience with them. (They also sell Chevy's, Nissans and Hyundais - One of these things is not like the others, One of these things doesn't belong....) I ended up purchasing mine at Gengras Volvo up in Hartford, CT and I did my service at Karp in Rockville Center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts