SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention Quebecois!

Since I moved here to Quebec, I no longer have a shop where I can work.. well sort of not..although a friend of mine said I can use his for some stuff. Anyway, not sure how much longer I expect my clutch to last with 103k, it isn't slipping yet. Also the slave cylinder if that decides to go, and collar sleeve too..

I won't be replacing the clutch myself, nor the slave. Anyone local? Preferably in Sherbrooke or Granby but if I need to go to Montreal I guess I could do that. I live in Valcourt.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
My clutch was still in good shape at 145K miles, but that's when the slave on my 04 failed, so you may have a long way to go before you need to sweat this particular repair.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My clutch was still in good shape at 145K miles, but that's when the slave on my 04 failed, so you may have a long way to go before you need to sweat this particular repair.
I'm certainly hoping so! I don't drive my car hard, and I especially try to be nice to the drivetrain in hopes it will pay me back in terms on longevity.

I am aware tho that the slave can fail suddenly and when that happens, you can't really just keep driving it. I don't want want to be caught without if that happens to be. Hoping it doesn't tho.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I have an idea about the clutch, but what kind of time is needed to replace the slave cylinder and the approx. cost? Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts