SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Good Exhaust Shop

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  BigG 
#1 ·
Good Exhaust Shop in PA

Hey Guys,
I have had my R now for about 5 months and have been doing a lot of poking around on SS. I see everyone advises to remove the lower exhaust bracket and to remove the resonator. I was under my car this weekend and saw the rub mark on the drive shaft from the resonator so its about that time.

I was wondering of anyone knew of any good shops around Kennett Sq, West Chester, or Wayne. Any where in that general vicinity. Possibly somewhere that had done this before so I don't have to worry about anything. I appreciate all the help. Thanks

-Garey

#4 ·
Re: (bcheng4jc)

Quote, originally posted by bcheng4jc »
had my JRL mod done by this guy named alex. his exhaust shop is just east of king of prussia. JRL referred me. alex is a very nice guy....i'd def go back to him for future exhaust mods.... 610.275.3008...310 bush street, 19405

Thanks...how much did it run you, If you dont mind me asking?

#5 ·
Re: Good Exhaust Shop in PA (BigG)

Got it done at Midas - 40 bucks

#6 ·
Re: (BigG)

Quote, originally posted by BigG »

Thanks...how much did it run you, If you dont mind me asking?

Just call Alex and use my name.
As for price, I dunno, it depends on what you want him to do!
I had him flange all the pipes and the resonator so if necessary, it could be bolted right back on.
Obviously that cost a bit more than if you just cut and welded a pipe in.
Would you pay 20 bucks more for GOOD work or take it to a Midas and prey they don't mess something up?
His work is excellent and he's a good guy. He just saved my ass on my GTO.
I had this very odd noise, he was the only person who finally traced it to a slide in bushing in the rear exhaust hanger. This little $1.00 insert was cracked and broken so the exhaust was resonating at idle, making this drumming noise and was quite annoying.
Great now! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Jim

Modified by JRL at 8:52 AM 5-14-2009

#7 ·
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Just call Alex and use my name.
As for price, I dunno, it depends on what you want him to do!
I had him flange all the pipes and the resonator so if necessary, it could be bolted right back on.
Obviously that cost a bit more than if you just cut and welded a pipe in.
Would you pay 20 bucks more for GOOD work or take it to a Midas and prey they don't mess something up?
His work is excellent and he's a good guy. He just saved my ass on my GTO.
I had this very odd noise, he was the only person who finally traced it to a slide in bushing in the rear exhaust hanger. This little $1.00 insert was cracked and broken so the exhaust was resonating at idle, making this drumming noise and was quite annoying.
Great now! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Jim

Modified by JRL at 8:52 AM 5-14-2009

Thanks Jim.. I will definitely do that... I had one questions though. Does deleting the Resonator have any negative effects against the emissions? I just want to make sure it passes inspection...If it did that would be a good reason to add the flanges to bolt the resonator back up. Thanks again.
-Garey

#8 ·
Re: (BigG)

Thanks Jim.. I will definitely do that... I had one questions though. Does deleting the Resonator have any negative effects against the emissions? I just want to make sure it passes inspection...If it did that would be a good reason to add the flanges to bolt the resonator back up. Thanks again.
-Garey

None whatsoever.

I also can't imagine you'd want to put it back on again, unless you were selling it.

#9 ·
Re: Good Exhaust Shop in PA (BigG)

Hey Guys,
I have had my R now for about 5 months and have been doing a lot of poking around on SS. I see everyone advises to remove the lower exhaust bracket and to remove the resonator. I was under my car this weekend and saw the rub mark on the drive shaft from the resonator so its about that time.

I was wondering of anyone knew of any good shops around Kennett Sq, West Chester, or Wayne. Any where in that general vicinity. Possibly somewhere that had done this before so I don't have to worry about anything. I appreciate all the help. Thanks

-Garey

If you are still under warranty, another option is to get the newly design 'rain squeal' bracket installed. It will cost you nothing and it works (for me at least). I have not experience the dreaded rain squeal since I had it replaced under warranty more than 7k miles ago...

Jeff

#10 ·
Re: Good Exhaust Shop in PA (jclough)

Quote, originally posted by jclough »

If you are still under warranty, another option is to get the newly design 'rain squeal' bracket installed. It will cost you nothing and it works (for me at least). I have not experience the dreaded rain squeal since I had it replaced under warranty more than 7k miles ago...

Jeff

Thanks, I thought about this option because I am under factory warranty still...but I think the car sounds pretty nice w/out the resonator..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.