SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for fun, popular platform ideas for a possibly late 70's-80's-early 90's Volvo that people have had success with with the least amount of annoying quirks such as carb issues (just am example, I want FE). It's going to be my daily as well so I won't be stripping the interior or anything...at first. My 1992 740 wagon just isn't cutting it :p

I had a 1966 122 that was track ready but finding parts was too difficult and I want something a little more modern.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
I'm looking for fun, popular platform ideas for a possibly late 70's-80's-early 90's Volvo that people have had success with with the least amount of annoying quirks such as carb issues (just am example, I want FE). It's going to be my daily as well so I won't be stripping the interior or anything...at first. My 1992 740 wagon just isn't cutting it :p

I had a 1966 122 that was track ready but finding parts was too difficult and I want something a little more modern.

Any ideas?
That would be an early '80s 245 wagon with B21 Turbo+, 5-speed, cam, head work, sport exhaust, sport springs, sway bars, poly bushes, MegaSquirt, oil/trans cooler, late plastic rear hatch, battery relo, rear seat delete, locker (optional) and a current SCCA stamp.

You can build one or buy one turn-key.

Which will it be?

Hey! - you said the new baby took all your money and the 122.

Rich uncle died?

George Dill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I like where you're going with this. And yeah that didn't work out, still trying though. We do need a second car just because, but I figured a fun one would be a bonus. I don't think I would go wagon though. There's a 242 GT down the road that I've considered leaving a note with my number in case he decides to sell it. Thx for the idea

1 - 3 of 3 Posts