Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
what about underneath passenger seat? ...with cooling fan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (phuz)

Was that meant to be a joke?<p>I was thinking of doing inside the trunk, but I can't seem to find a good place for it.<p>I thought the seat backs were built with wood or something but I came to find out the carpet/backing is cardboard-like. Doing the hatshelf is a little difficult because of the amp being wider than the shelf. I can't really mount it vertically in the boot because I can't go through the wall or I need some sort of piece to stand it vertically.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Re: (ko_kidd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ko_kidd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Was that meant to be a joke?<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p> No it wasn't. Several Volvo models have an amp installed under the seat from the factory. I have the amp installed under pass. seat as well (Ok, I did it myself). <br> BTW, you havent provide any information what amp you are taking about. It makes difficult to offer a suitable solution.<br>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Papa_Kirlo)

Kenwood KAC-744.<p>I looked at the (assumed) front passenger seat and there is no space whatsoever for amp the size I have. I didn't really see anything that could be removed from that seat either. <p>I was thinking of putting it at the very front of the trunk on the floor (laying down)--close to the rear seats [sedan] but I'm worried the fuel tank is right behind/below the seats. Under the carpeting there is a grey metal and then the middle section turns into black metal and I can't seem to figure out what that is exactly.<p>I have a Chilton manual for the car (1991 Volvo 740 GL) but it doesn't show any illustrations of the fuel tank.<p>The amp measures 9" * 12" and 1 7/8" depth (1.875").

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
what about the back of the rear seats?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (phuz)

I was thinking about the seat idea, but it's cardboard-like.<p>The best thing I can think of now is mounting the amp to some wood and then mounting the wood to the metal of the frame.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
if possible, secure something to the four corners, and try to keep the bottom 1/4" or more up to help dissipate some heat.<p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts