SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm going to look at a 2003 V70 2.4T (it would be my first Volvo, and I've always wanted one). Are there anything specific that I should check or any problem areas that I should pay attention to on this car?<p>Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Going to look at 2003 V70 - Anything specific to look for? (jubjub75)

jubjub75................<p>Are you looking at a Volvo dealer or an individual? Some essentials are:<br>Clean Carfax<br>Complete service records<br>In service date..as this car may have some factory warranty left..<p>If you are buying from a Volvo dealer...the car should have the Volvo Certified Pre-owned warranty to 100k miles. Look fro "little" things like matching tires (manaufacturer) and tread wear....tape lines near doors , windows, hood..that might indicate paintwork has been done. This doesn't mean that it is a "bad" car...just that it has had some minor cosmetic repairs and the price should reflect that. Try to find out via teh service history if there are any open recalls and if the throttle body has been cleaned. Other than that....if the car is what you want...the service records reflect that it has been properly maintained...and the price is in line....go for it! My 2001 V70T5 has 88k miles and hits the road like a new car!<p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts