SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my son's 2000 V70XC back from Boston as he's moved on to a 2009. Was considering fixing it up to be my daughter's back-from - college / my airport car but with a check engine light, leaking condensor, bad rf axle shaft, and beat up leather interior I couldn't really justify it. Oh, the hole in the resonator and the fact that he took an ice scraper to the hood...... Sigh. Found a 2002 2.4t AWD with 143k on Marketplace. Dirty but sound, no dents, non smoker. Typical mom mobile. Sold it because the local garage quoted them new brakes, calipers, and some front end work.... I can only imagine the total! Anyway, I'll pick it up tomorrow then sell the XC. A little concerned about getting the right brake / suspension components because it's an AWD not an XC and not a plain V70. Hope Rock and FCP have clear delineations, when ordering. I know that Scottish got a P2.... Any advice?

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
You may want to be careful with that trans. Some of the pre 05s had problems with flares and kicks after they warmed up. I drove one for a test after we already had one. It was wicked clean and the guy wanted to almost pay ME to take it off his lot. It kicked me into next week with him in the car going into third gear. I said no thanks.
That said, they’re not ALL bad. We still have our 02 and Love it. Pics or it’s a Camry, Peter. 😁

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You may want to be careful with that trans. Some of the pre 05s had problems with flares and kicks after they warmed up. I drove one for a test after we already had one. It was wicked clean and the guy wanted to almost pay ME to take it off his lot. It kicked me into next week with him in the car going into third gear. I said no thanks.
That said, they’re not ALL bad. We still have our 02 and Love it. Pics or it’s a Camry, Peter. 😁
The pics are from the ad - I haven't picked the car up yet. It's filthy, and the white splotches on the paint are actually little kids' handprints with sunscreen... so I'm not worried that it will develop melanoma.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo v70 Volvo cars Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo cars Volvo v70 Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Volvo v70 Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Car seat Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Someone's being keeping after it mechanically, the ps pump is new and the timing belt was done early at 93k. Passed the glove test. No tears in the leather. Only message is something about the alarm system.

I'll do a gentle flush of the Aisin a few quarts at a time.

·
Registered
17,686 Posts
If you haven’t bought it done deal yet run the hell away.

Thought the 00 xc was fun to own? That’s cake compared to any non Haldex awd p2.

I bought a fwd manual p2 2003+ to avoid every issue this wagon will develop.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is different than the pos non haldex in the 2000?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts