+1. Of course a radar detector is nice too.This is my checklist for every road trip:
1. 40 PSI all around (NYC roads are terrible)
2. A quart of oil in the trunk (if I'm approaching 3K miles on an oil I usually add half a quart. Then I replace my oil [full syntech] ever 4K) as well as coolant
3. A portable Craftsman tool box
4. An electric air pump (comes in handy when you have to put the spare on and realize it only has 15 PSI (as opposed to 60) Or just make sure the spare isn't flat.
7. Big garbage bag (in case you need to throw your flat tire inside
8. Big as$ LED flashlight
9. Washer-fluid topped-off
10. Oh and I also carry half a bottle of engine coolant - Just in case.
How do you do that with the center console in the way? It has been many, many years since my girlfriend (and now wife) could do that. It was a '90 Honda Accord; it had virtually no center console.And if she gets tired have her put her head in your lap to sleep.
Good tip! The R seats are the first seats that fit me so well; the lack of wallet in back pocket makes a difference! And I have an incredibly thin wallet!...and for heaven sakes take your wallet out of your pocket!