SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, do dealers usually automatically update the SUM/ECU on service visits even if you dont' mention anything about the updates? The reason I ask is because I don't believe my car has had any updates to the SUM or ECU and I currently like my setup so DON'T want any updates...Should I mention to them NOT to do any updates?

· Registered
852 Posts
Re: Going in for the power steering resv. fix but.... (juve021)

Quote, originally posted by juve021 »
I'm curious, do dealers usually automatically update the SUM/ECU on service visits even if you dont' mention anything about the updates? The reason I ask is because I don't believe my car has had any updates to the SUM or ECU and I currently like my setup so DON'T want any updates...Should I mention to them NOT to do any updates?

Yes. You never know when your Service Writer might run your VIN to see if there are any open campaigns or recalls that need to be done. The warranty process is a profit center and a good writer will always look for hours to be billed in this manner.

John Sharisky

· Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: Going in for the power steering resv. fix but.... (juve021)

I had the dealer put specific comments in the system that states...."no suspension revisions". My car came with Rev2 and I am satisfied with it. No bushing fix for me either.

· Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: Going in for the power steering resv. fix but.... (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

Quote, originally posted by Parts @ Boston Volvo »

The warranty process is a profit center and a good writer will always look for hours to be billed in this manner.

John Sharisky

Ha, now ain't that a revelation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.