SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an XM right now in my 04 S60 and will be trading it in on an 06 S60R. My thoughts are to just remove my XM and put it in the new R. Or, would you recommend having the dealer install the sirius (which is already prewired in the '06)? It seems a bit high to charge $700 for the factory sirius. Plus, I like the look of my XM unit with the blue background to match my car. Circuit City will uninstall it for free and install it in the new car for $75. I just mount it in the cubby hole to the left of the stereo.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Go for factory sirius or aftermarket XM (minorthr)

that's what I thought.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Go for factory sirius or aftermarket XM (soledoc)

Plus the factory antenna is serious UGLY!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Go for factory sirius or aftermarket XM (jackf)

I haven't seen a pic of it but I can imagine. I just had my XM uninstalled tonight and I'll have it reinstalled in my new car Saturday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Go for factory sirius or aftermarket XM (soledoc)

I have the factory Sirius and in my opinion it's okay, could be better but isn't bad and I feel the clean look outweighs the feature loss.<br>You can find them on-line for under $500 and they are easy to install yourself. Here is what I like and dislike:<p>Like<br> - using steering wheel control<br> - clean and integrated look of not having a seperate head unit<br>Dislike<br> - No memory of favorite songs<br> - Only shows 1 peice of info at a time (title, artist, channel) and doesn't scroll<br> - Seems to take a bit longer to acquire the new channel on channel changes<p>The antenna is huge but I posted this thread on how to hide it. <br><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=59270" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=59270</A><br>You could likely do this with your aftermarket one also and keep the clean look.<p>Pat

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Go for factory sirius or aftermarket XM (Pat S)

In regards to the "blue" lighting that your XM has, the S60R's have green background and dark green lights. Blue will not match(except the dials). On the note of XM versus Sirius, I have had both and Sirius is hands down a better setup.(referencing programming anyway) Xm has alot of commercials on some of their stations (that is why it is cheaper per month than Sirius) Sirius is completely commercial free. And they have more of the better stations. Ie. blues,jazz,reggee,rap,county etc. Just my 2c's, Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts