SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trouble to use Glympse in my XC90. It seems it cannot be started any more, there is only the big logo showing on the screen. It has been like this for a few weeks now, does anyone have the same issue? Too bad, this is the only app I am using in the car...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I have trouble to use Glympse in my XC90. It seems it cannot be started any more, there is only the big logo showing on the screen. It has been like this for a few weeks now, does anyone have the same issue? Too bad, this is the only app I am using in the car...
Doesnt work for my SO but works for me. I drive the car very little so I suspect it is a profile issue of some sort.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I use the Weather app a lot. It came up with a big Volvo logo and asked me to scan a QR code to read the Terms with my phone. I did that and theWeather app works again.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
There are some issues with certain apps (i.e. TuneIn, Pandora, WikiLocations and some maps), I have not heard anything about Glimpse. The other three apps, will not be available for downloading until some of the errors are repaired (probably sometime next week).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have tried all the app on my Sensus picture but Glympse, and they work. I know for the weather app after the update I did have to scan a QR and click I agree. Weird thing though does anyone else app now have "_5" after the names? Very strange.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I have tried all the app on my Sensus picture but Glympse, and they work. I know for the weather app after the update I did have to scan a QR and click I agree. Weird thing though does anyone else app now have "_5" after the names? Very strange.

Yes, mine do; I got my S90 last Wednesday and I was able to download the updated apps, hence the "_5" extension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reinstalling the app and accepting the term apparently fixed the issue. The app is working now. :) And I did not have that strange "_5" extension.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Reinstalling the app and accepting the term apparently fixed the issue. The app is working now. :) And I did not have that strange "_5" extension.
what a ****ing mickey mouse operation.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Because you have never done this with anything else...
:rolleyes:
that doesn't even mean anything.....what I think you meant was i've never encountered this with anything else, and you'd be right, because all the other companies I deal with who make software actually know how to do updates.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
698 Posts
that doesn't even mean anything.....what I think you meant was i've never encountered this with anything else, and you'd be right, because all the other companies I deal with who make software actually know how to do updates.
I guess except for Microsoft.. their W10 updates are a total disaster, many times over.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I guess except for Microsoft.. their W10 updates are a total disaster, many times over.
When it comes to Windows 10, it is usually a PEBCAK error. Love reading all the hyperbole about Windows 10. You'd think Windows 10 had come shot their kids and raped their wife.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
698 Posts
When it comes to Windows 10, it is usually a PEBCAK error. Love reading all the hyperbole about Windows 10. You'd think Windows 10 had come shot their kids and raped their wife.
hey man, all i'm doing is showing evidence that even the software guys have issues with updates too. Even to the point where they were pulled back. Not an un-common practice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts