SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Glocksrox18's '83 242 GLT Turbo

30K views 119 replies 16 participants last post by  audeo03 
#1 · (Edited)
Been wanting one for a while but couldn't find the right one at the right time. Found this one on TB and jumped on it. Drove out 2 and a half hours to get it and I couldn't be happier!

Here are a few pictures

Couple of things I've done so far:

Fuel filter
Thermostat
Replaced a few vacuum lines

Things on their way to my door:

-IPD adjustable panhard bar
-IPD adjustable torque rods
-HD 240 diesel motor and trans mounts
-Spec stage 1 240 turbo clutch kit
-Window scrapers
-B23 intake manifold and TB
-All parts for LH 2.4 swap
-90+ turbo exhaust manifold and 940 oil feed/return lines
-(Hopefully) 18t turbo

Future plans:

-b230ft
-getrag trans
-LSD rear
-full 3" exhaust

LOOKING FOR HYDRA RIMS!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks beautiful. Good luck with it. Why the adjustable panhard and torque rods?

#5 ·
Outstanding.

#9 ·
Got rid of my gold "pimp mobile" virgos and got me some hydras!

Also got around to doing my panhard bar. Since I have use of only my right hand I had to get my girl to lend me a hand. These bushings were torn and cracked beyond belief. Hopefully I can get my torque rods in tomorrow when the spec stage 1 clutch goes in

#11 ·
Started doing my clutch and IPD adjustable torque rods today. Found out my clutch fork was damaged and was about to break completely. So now I'll have to wait til tomorrow for the new fork to show up

Old torque rid bushings. Completely shot

New rods

The new ones are a lot beefier than the OEM ones. Hopefully they will last a long time

#13 ·
Removed the studs on the exhaust housing and drilled out the holes to fit the 90+ manifold

Ordered some custom lines for the oil and coolant so hopefully I can get a setup that will work!

#21 ·
Oil drain line welded and installed

Manifold in. Turbo installed. Downpipe with O2 sensor and wideband sensor in!!

Installed new spark plugs and wires also. Oil feed line, coolant hoses, coolant reservoir, e fan conversion kit, and more vacuum lines on their way to my house. Getting there! Possibly back on the road next week!

#22 ·
Doing an LED interior conversion. Or starting one since I couldn't see with the extremely dim incandescent bulbs

Got my dual oil catch cans and coolant reservoir

New reservoir on the left

#23 ·
Did an A/C delete and power steering delete. Using the capped off ps rack until I can drive it to my work and install the manual steering rack and do an alignment

Mocking up the electric fan and getting rid of the old fan. The new fan and shroud for perfect!

#25 ·
Mounting the dual oil catch cans

Don't worry that zip tie isn't permanent. It's just to hold the silicone vacuum line out of the way while I was working there

Radiator fan installed. Fits perfect. Just have to wire it all up

Tight fit!

#27 ·
Got my wastegate bracket in! Custom made by a member of TB for clocked TD04 turbos!

Just figuring out the last bit of wiring for the e fan and than installing the wastegate and bracket and she will be ready to be fired up!

#30 ·
Thanks! And there's more to come!

Stuff I have in my garage that I'm working on installing soon

- holset he351cw
- 4.01 LSD rear
- full LH 2.4 swap
- aftermarket front mount
- complete black interior swap (keeping the original seats though)

Got a lot planned!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.