SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 866 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looking good. Coming along great.

+1. I would get that removed asap.
How do you remove the ebd? I have no idea where to even look? And will the abs still work fine? Or will it be affected?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh I thought it was the electronic brake distribution. I'm used to that being what EBD is. Which bracket is it?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
How do you remove the ebd? I have no idea where to even look? And will the abs still work fine? Or will it be affected?
What lol are you being sarcastic?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If you look at this picture, you will see that bracket going across right under the exhaust. Remove that & just put the bolts back in their place.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I wish I had access to a lift... and your neon green snap-on box! Nice looking car and thanks for sharing your progress with us!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ended up removing that bracket after I took that picture. My bad about the abs comment. I'm used to ebd standing for electronic brake distribution. I feel like an idiot now -_- haha

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i literally lol'd when i read your reply! classic! ever since i got my R i wish i had chosen to be a mechanic as a profession. im jealous of the amount of time you get to spend working on it. looking good man!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Looks great! Everyone was just making sure you didn't feel the wrath of the Exhaust Bracket of Death. There have been several people who had a high center event on a driveway or speed-bump that has pushed it into the exhaust which then gets pushed into the prop shaft wreaking havoc.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I removed it after I bottomed out leaving a restaraunt in hopatcong. Luckily I was going 2 miles an hour so I removed it haha. And yes being a tech saved me ALOT of money for labor. And it's a great hobby and amazing to have your own tools and access to a lift all the time

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
lowering is something im considering, only problem is my driveway already gives me problems.. so i may not be able to get into my driveway if i lower it. but about the cat... i love the sound and smell of catless cars. except my gti, it sounded horrible catless

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Lower it yes. As for the cat, nahhh.
If you ever get pulled over just make sure you shut your car off lol
i got pulled over last week and as soon as i stopped i shut off my car and prayed the smell would go away before the cop came to the car haha

·
Registered
915 Posts
Nice BOX! Lol, where do you work? The colors of the walls are very similar to where I am. It's nice to see a tech that has an R, most of my guys have giant trucks or JDM rice burners. Good looking R btw.

21 - 40 of 866 Posts