SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing a lot of flak coming up regarding the glare from the windshield reflecting the top of the dashboard and obscuring front view visability... Most notably on the S60, V70 and S80... Especially with the lighter interiors...<P>I see where the BMW difuses this with a dark piece of rubber/plastic? with cuts the glare down considerably.<P>Has anybody else heard of this and what is Volvo going to do about in the future? I think the aftermarket coverings are cheesy...<P>

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pubbythebeachside:<BR><B>I've been hearing a lot of flak coming up regarding the glare from the windshield reflecting the top of the dashboard and obscuring front view visability... Most notably on the S60, V70 and S80... Especially with the lighter interiors...<P>I see where the BMW difuses this with a dark piece of rubber/plastic? with cuts the glare down considerably.<P>Has anybody else heard of this and what is Volvo going to do about in the future? I think the aftermarket coverings are cheesy...<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Agreed, they do look cheesy. Your talking about those fury covers right?<BR>Probebly the only semi cure would be to use non-glossy/greasy dash cleaners. Something that has a dull finish. Not sure exactly what product that would be, haven't really had that problem with the dark colour dash in my 850.<BR><P>

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pubbythebeachside:<BR><B>I've been hearing a lot of flak coming up regarding the glare from the windshield reflecting the top of the dashboard and obscuring front view visability... Most notably on the S60, V70 and S80... Especially with the lighter interiors...<P>I see where the BMW difuses this with a dark piece of rubber/plastic? with cuts the glare down considerably.<P>Has anybody else heard of this and what is Volvo going to do about in the future? I think the aftermarket coverings are cheesy...<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>you still get it with a dark interior, and if you use a high gloss conditionetr.. its even WORSE!! man.<P>it is a danger. yes. anyway to fix it.. not that i know of unless you dump a furry rug thing on top, which looks nasty.<P>the reason it is there. NEW style windshields taht are more Aerodynamic. my dad's old 940 turbo has a black dash.. and has a high gloss coat on the dash. it shines.. but not as much on the windshield because the angle of the windshield is more upright. newer cars have longer windows that are more acute.<BR>

·
Super Moderator
39,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GShyneDM:<BR><B> <BR>you still get it with a dark interior, and if you use a high gloss conditionetr.. its even WORSE!! man.<P>it is a danger. yes. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Never bothered me at all. Just look straight ahead, on the road. Don't look for the "glare".<P><BR>Yannis<P>

·
Registered
27 Posts
First rule of interior cleaning-<P>DONT use a high gloss product, esp. not tire shines, etc... unless you want to attract dust, make a new glare, risk getting the product on glass, and many Armor-all type products do not contain UV protection, so over time they will crack your dash from the heat the keep in. <P>Instead, use a water based product like Aerospace 303. Check out Autopia for the best detailing tips. <A HREF="http://www.autopia-carport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.autopia-carport.com</A> <P>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts