SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is so nice to be back in the saddle.<p>I had to sell my 06 v70 R 20 months ago or so.<p>I actually got busted switching my 04V70R with an exact match from 06.<p>My wife or ex wife now found out while doing a credit check on me. Should have just had the balls to tell her what I was doing but she is down the road so jimmy crack corn!<p>I picked up and 05 silver/nordcap auto with 60,000 for 14,700<p>I currently have a 01 996 911 twin turbo 600whp and an 01 audi a6 avant.<p>All 3 are silver and each one had a daily purpose.<p>I really am loving the R car and on her way back from Utah yesterday the thing was hauling down the road.<p>One tire is new and the others are almost worn down so it drives a bit rough.<p>Tire rack just shipped a set of all season dunlops out today.<p>Pictures of all 3 rides to come next week so stay tuned.<p>

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Congratulation on the purchase, its good to see your're getting new tires

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Glad to be the new owner of an 05 V70R (geddyup)

thanks- I did get a good deal but really wanted an 06 with the 6 speed auto

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts

How do you compare the Avant and the V70R? Overall satisfaction, reliability, driving pleasure, etc?<p>I keep waiting for an RS6 Avant!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The avant is a nice car. i only paid 7k for it with 90,000 and have all the maintance records. it is rather guttless but has a solid feel to it like the volvo. The audi seems to take all the bumps better though.<p>Once I work all the bugs out of the R next week I will add the ipd software and get rid of the limiter in the first 2 gears.<p>Today I took my 2 girls north 75 miles to the mountain lakes. We went over a pass of 2500 vertical feet and then back over it on the way home. I drove between 55-68 and took the pass on the way home rather spirited.<p>My average mpg on the dash 30.5 for 150 miles. really impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts