SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... are available from Volvo. So last night I discovered that the sliders on my brackets were rusted solid. One bracket I managed to save, but there was no way of getting one of the sliders out of the other one. I spent hours last night googling the issue and had given up on just buying the bracket and planned on a sliding pin repair kit from Volvo and going to the junkyard and hoping to find another caliper bracket, but the parts guy at my local dealership had the bracket in stock. It's not cheap at $53 plus a $10 core charge, but even though that's close to rebuilt caliper prices, it got me back on the road immediately instead of waiting around for an auto parts store to special order the caliper for me. Anyway, since I couldn't find this information online anywhere, I thought I'd mention in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar predicament.<p>cliff notes: no aftermarket shop (that I could find) will sell you just the bracket for the jumbo Girling calipers, but Volvo will.<p>cheers,<br>scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts