SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need some help. My family has driven Volvo cars my entire life. Yesterday I decided to go buy a 2004 xc70 2.5T. I looked at the car and it was clean and drove well! I bought the car and then on my way home things went wrong. The check engine light came on but no yellow triangle. No standard OBD2 sensor showed a code and so I took it to a shop today. The shop ran a diagnostic and then test drove the car. They said the car needed a new mass air flow sensor, but they cleaned the old one and the check engine wend away. I held off for today just to do my research and on the drive home, the steering wheel was jerking pretty badly going quickly around corners. I asked the shop about this and they said it could be a bad steering rack or sway bars. They quoted me $2150 for a new rack including labor. HOWEVER, upon pulling into my driveway with the wheel all the way over, the car almost completely lost power and would barely accelerate. Once I got it parked, the light on the shifter didn't move to park. IT STAYED IN DRIVE NO MATTER WHERE I MOVED IT!! I turned off the car and then after a cycle the car displayed "Anti-Skid service required". I cycled the car again and now it says "Anti-Skit Temporarily Off". I read somewhere that it could be the battery?? Any insight to my issues are extremely helpful.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts