SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So, I think I have a ghost in my XC90.

I park my car, I get out and go into the office or house. A few hours later I come back and what do I find, my driver's side mirror has changed angles. At first I thought, oh, someone bumped it, but that's not happeing both at work and home. The mirror housing doesn't move, just the mirror angle has changed. Sometimes down, sometimes out, there doesn't seem to be a consistent angle change. It's rather annoying as I have to then reset the mirror angle with the controls.

I have the auto-down angle setting turned off and have always had it turned off so the cause of the issue is unknown. Seems to only happen with the driver's side mirror. Has happened three times in the last week.

Do I have a glitch in the software somewhere? Is this some sort of anti-overheating feature?

Side note, the same type of thing happens with the rear view mirror inside the car but I am pretty sure that issue is caused by heating and cooling overnight, and essentially the mirror needs to be tightened.

So...what's the issue? It's ghosts right? No other explanation.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had this happen to my 335i coupe. Every time I got in the car, the driver side mirror would be moved. It got to the point that I just pressed the memory 1 button whenever I got in the car.

I do have the rear view mirror move out of place every few days to a week in my XC90. It's moving downwards only. I figure it's a bit loose and moves down slowly when the car goes over bumps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts