SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my wife is going on a business trip next Friday to Belgium. She'll be staying in Belgium...Ghent specifically for a few day. I, of course, had to see if there was any way she could visit the factory where my two cars were built. She, of course, is not that thrilled at doing this. It's like she says if I went to Paris, would I want to got to the Channel factory!

Anyway, I figured this would be the best place to ask about any opportunities for here to make a quick stop by the factory. She's staying only 9 km from the factory.

In celebration of her trip (she works for Stanley Works) I'm having a Delirium Tremens belgian ale tonight...and may finish it off with a Stella Artois. I also bought a Chimay Ale premium reserve.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (soledoc)

Quote, originally posted by soledoc »
I also bought a Chimay Ale premium reserve.

Alright...expect Bob to get all excited and send you a congratulatory note!

Yannis

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (soledoc)

Alright...expect Bob to get all excited and send you a congratulatory note!

Soledoc........................It's about time!!!
When did I tell about that stuff?? A year ago?. Those Trappist monks know how to make some excellent beer don't they? Cheers

I am not sure about the Ghent factory tour. I don't think they are really set up for public tours. Try this...email [email protected] and ask them who to contact in Ghent about a tour.....or just call the Ghent factory when she arrives.

I do know of a sure fire way that you CAN get a quality factory tour at the main facility in Torslanda
...send me @ $2k and I will get you started!
I'll even see to it that the airfare is free! Okay....you are a good guy, so 1 free night hotel stay too!

Maybe if you had 3-4 of those Chimays.....I could convince you

·
Registered
524 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »

I do know of a sure fire way that you CAN get a quality factory tour at the main facility in Torslanda
...send me @ $2k and I will get you started!
I'll even see to it that the airfare is free! Okay....you are a good guy, so 1 free night hotel stay too!

Bob you are a good friend to offer such a awsome deal. But knowing our luck, the factory would be shut down for retooling and no tour would be possible.

Tom

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (bigtomhammer)

Bob you are a good friend to offer such a awsome deal. But knowing our luck, the factory would be shut down for retooling and no tour would be possible.

Oh Tom...my friend...I have a Plan B!.......No Tour
...no Problem!
We simply meet T5AWD/Johan and a few of our other SS friends and visit a few "fine Swedish Pubs"
You will forget all about the factory tour

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (bigtomhammer)

And probably where you even parked the car!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT CAR??........We had a car?...I don't remember any cars?
OOOHHHH! THAT car!.....
Now where did I park that little thing?

That's why I just leave it at the Radisson and walk...or politely stumble
as the case may be!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »

I am not sure about the Ghent factory tour. I don't think they are really set up for public tours. Try this...email [email protected] and ask them who to contact in Ghent about a tour.....or just call the Ghent factory when she arrives.
Getting back on topic: We attempted to get a tour of the Ghent facility before our OSD trip also. The reply was that they don't have public tours, but if you had the right connections with a dealer, they possibly could get you in. We didn't pursue it any further, since we had limited time, but it sounds like it is possible to tour the Ghent factory. Maybe one of the dealers that posts here has the right connections?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Ghent factory tour or other goodies (cmy4x4)

I will contact my dealer Monday and see if they have any options. BTW, I didn't crack open the Chimay Friday night, but I did have the Delirium Tremens and it was fantastic. After working outside in 90 degree heat yesterday I cracked open a Stella Artois...ehhhh...nothing special. I've got the Chimay Grande Reserve in the frig and will have it tonight. I'll have to find the right glass now to match. I know to serve it in a goblet. Maybe the wife can get me a nice Chimay glass while over in Ghent. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts