SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i am new to volvo i am an Audi enthusiast (future S4 owner). Couple questions.

1) what is a V40 compared to S40? (maybe wagon style) just a quick guess

2) She is gonna buy the S40 SE. Does this car have any downfalls?

3) what is the opinion of people in this forum do you love your S40's how is service? are there any big problems with the car?

4) i know she will never do this but the 1.9litre 160hp engine, what mods do you guys do thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My GF just picked up an S40 SE on Saturday!

1) The V40 is the wagon.

2) Not sure there are any real "downfalls". I think she would have liked full leather but the cloth is definitely better than the standard cloth. The major plus is how loaded the car is w/respect to the sticker.

3) Can't answer the service question...had car less than a week.

4) Don't know anything about mods....I'm too new to Volvos (now SAABs are a different story)

Add.) Price in relation to MSRP depends on what she's doing....if she's buying it outright or doing a traditional loan on the car, she'll want the number closest to invoice (26,6--). If she's leasing, than the lowest payment possible.

Cars.com is the only car website I found that lists the SE and has the invoice.

I personally love the car....the color is sharp and unique plus the additional "piano black" accents on the spoiler, front airdam, and inside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it's sweet. Quiet, quick, and solid. As far as I know, all the S40s are 1.9 turbos.

The SE is a limited run that only comes in "Titanium Grey" which is like a charcoal grey with a light taupe cloth/leather interior. It's fully loaded with a big discount.

Have you not looked at them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts