SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post some positive feedback about the Gettysburg meet location. Twice this year the AACA had to relocate their meets to Gettysburg at the same hotel that VCOA is planning. Once a few months ago, and then the Hershey meet was switched from October to next month. Both were changed within a month of the original meet date. AACA did a wonderful job. These are big events. I judge for the club and we had around 450 cars and many spectators. Distancing was good and a vast majority of folks abided by the "wear a mask" rule. The club took temps at the gate as well. We can't be 100% safe ever, but honestly, these grounds are a great place to meet safely as we can. It's at least significantly safer than any in store shopping you've managed to do. I'm very confident in the leadership, with a year to plan, that a great safe show can occur. Of course, if you're not comfortable coming, that's fine, and I fully know there are different considerations for different people. But I wanted to give my bit of confidence in the location and practicality for a safe show based on my experiences with the location for a car show during COVID times. It will be my first year as a Volvo owner myself, so I might have to take some vacation days for this one!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Seems like it's on the fence now. Here is the questions to the survey they are asking. And the results so far

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do wonder how many people are answering the question as "likely attendees" vs... I live in California and there is no way I'll be there next year... Polling challenges are everywhere =-D

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
LOL. True.
I do wonder how many people are answering the question as "likely attendees" vs... I live in California and there is no way I'll be there next year... Polling challenges are everywhere =-D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
No. Hasn’t crossed my mind. Didn’t even realize that it existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to know if anyone has heard any updates about this meet. New to the community and would love to plan a road trip with my Volvo for this event next year or a similar meet, any help?

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to know if anyone has heard any updates about this meet. New to the community and would love to plan a road trip with my Volvo for this event next year or a similar meet, any help?
I haven't but I hope we can be smart and get something going. It takes a lot of work, but I was at a few very successful and safe car shows this year, both in Gettysburg. Still it starts with the leadership being comfortable for themselves and their own family and then works down from there. I wish I could give more time to assist, but I sell cars 50-60 hours a week, have a small farm, and of course family. I appreciate that most folks are busy too.

Reactions: mallelyrz
1 - 8 of 8 Posts