SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,<br>I'm trying to recharge my AC system, but can't get the compressor to cycle on. I have some jumpers, but where is the connection for the low system pressure cutout switch?<br>I can see two different connectors on the front side of the compressor; is it one of these, or is it located elsewhere?<p> Thanks

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I was looking for a diagram but I can't find it right now. It is a connector up under the passenger side cowl, right above and to the left of the A/C lines going into the car's firewall (into the cabin). This is if you are facing the windshield with the hood up. Unplug the connector and use a piece of wire to connect the two parts on the lower connector going to the compressor. This will jump start the compressor. Don't keep the wire in there for over 10 minutes is what I've read. Hopefully you'll get it going long enough to give it a charge enough with R134A to no longer need the jumper wire. Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Thanks for the help, I found the connector and it worked. Unfortunately I have a hole in the condenser which is why the refrigerant leaked out to start with... So that seems like it could get expensive..<br>Thanks...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (ecmiller)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ecmiller</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the help, I found the connector and it worked. Unfortunately I have a hole in the condenser which is why the refrigerant leaked out to start with... So that seems like it could get expensive..<br>Thanks...</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Be thankful it's not the evaporator, condensor isn't too bad.<br>You should be able to get a good aftermarket condensor for low 100's, install shouldn't be more than an hour or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts