SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****ing headaches are just starting to build up. Is this feeling the same with all cars over time? I've driven 21,000 miles in the R since I got the car a year ago (on the 17th will be anniversary of the R purchase) Keep in mind this is 90% city driving.. Stop and go, and we're talking stop signs not stop lights. (pizza delivery)

I've driven other cars probably 4-5K miles in the meantime also. Last year before the R, in my S40 I drove 39,xxx miles. The year before that, nearly just as much.

I wish I could drive different cars all the time. I love the Volvo's, but I've been looking at essentially the same dash for years. The S40 is almost identical to the R (in placement of gauges, etc)

What should I do?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like you need a Camry... Or maybe a Prius. Bitch about driving an R?

OMFG! Seriously?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like you need a Camry... Or maybe a Prius. Bitch about driving an R?

OMFG! Seriously?
Hey now, Show me a pic of the hottest chick on earth and I will show you a pic of a guy that tired of F*&^% her. lol

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
YOU drive too much?
A 2010 Nissan GTR just went throught the dealer auction last Friday with 110,000 miles!!!
50K miles a year in a GTR!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
****ing headaches are just starting to build up. Is this feeling the same with all cars over time? I've driven 21,000 miles in the R since I got the car a year ago (on the 17th will be anniversary of the R purchase) Keep in mind this is 90% city driving.. Stop and go, and we're talking stop signs not stop lights. (pizza delivery)

I've driven other cars probably 4-5K miles in the meantime also. Last year before the R, in my S40 I drove 39,xxx miles. The year before that, nearly just as much.

I wish I could drive different cars all the time. I love the Volvo's, but I've been looking at essentially the same dash for years. The S40 is almost identical to the R (in placement of gauges, etc)

What should I do?
get an additional daily driver vehicle , a corrola... this way you'll be exited when you hop and drive your R :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
get an additional daily driver vehicle , a corrola... this way you'll be exited when you hop and drive your R :)
That's what I did, starting at 19 years old
Bought a cheap car for a DD, then drove whatever I had that was nice on the nights and weekends

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Lol I drive a 18 wheeler all week, its nice to get back into the R. One of the reasons I sold my first R was because I got tired of it, i somewhat felt guilty of it and got another one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The problem is you have a Volvo that had all the Volvo taken out of it.

Get a real Volvo and your story will change.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
consider the alternative vehicle you would be purchasing and then ask yourself "is it better than the R" then you will have your answer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey now, Show me a pic of the hottest chick on earth and I will show you a pic of a guy that tired of F*&^% her. lol
I am going to keep checking this thread in case someone posts a picture of the "hottest chick on earth."

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like all of these answers.

I'm thinking like, if Alfa spyders were more reliable I would buy one immediately as a little DD. So, maybe a miata or something. If I'm going to buy another car, it's going to be a convertible... I've pretty much decided that already.

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
I like all of these answers.

I'm thinking like, if Alfa spyders were more reliable I would buy one immediately as a little DD. So, maybe a miata or something. If I'm going to buy another car, it's going to be a convertible... I've pretty much decided that already.
Love my NC MX-5. I drive it 3k miles a year during the summer and park the R for more inclement weather.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I have an 89 Alfa Spider Veloce with 40k on it...among many other whipz...and its realll reliable...I put a new canvas top on it, carpets, head gasket, radiator, fan, performance header, exhaust, K&N filter, cut the coils, Koni adjustable, poly suspension bushings..slotted rotors, performance pads, stainless lines

Thing rips like a mo fo..and it loves goin sideways..not to mention its like 1.5 inches off the ground now

Way more fun than the R too and you can get a great one for like 8 grand..

I have my eye on a newer 8C

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I have an 89 Alfa Spider Veloce with 40k on it...among many other whipz...and its realll reliable...I put a new canvas top on it, carpets, head gasket, radiator, fan, performance header, exhaust, K&N filter, cut the coils, Koni adjustable, poly suspension bushings..skirted rotors, performance pads, stainless lines

Thing rips like a mo fo..and it loves goin sideways..not to mention its like 1.5 inches off the ground now

Way more fun than the R too and you can get a great one for like 8 grand..

I have my eye on a newer 8C
well with 40K I would hope it's reliable...put on about 30K in a year and then you'll find out how reliable it really is...:p

·
Registered
430 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts