SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with their local dealer not wanting to do service on their vehicle because you did not purchase it through them? This is for my first service (10,000 mile routine service). I did my OSD through Bob Kennedy in Charlotte and my local dealership did not want to service it. Once they finally agreed to service it, they then told me they couldn't because my "VIN is not registered in the US". They said my VIN was never set-up, even though I use Volvo On Call without any issues and everything with my id and subscription works. Anyone else have these issues or does it sound like it's time to find a new dealer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Call VCNA they will square them away. Tell your dealership that I said they are FOS, the service is provided by Volvo, not the specific dealership. That said,if you can find another dealership I'd go there as whomever you're going to doesn't sound reputable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
I suggest that you call Bob Kennedy about this issue. Given the level of service that I know he provides to his customers, I am confident that he will have this resolved for you in no time.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes, that is simply ridiculous. I would
  • Call VCNA and tell them the story
  • Find another dealer
  • Tell this dealer why they will never see you again

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
So what happens when you own a Volvo and move to your location. Is this dealership not going to provide service? I suspect there is more to this story than their unwilligness to service it because you didn't buy it there. Perhaps as noted they couldn't find the VIN. On my OSD from Bob he specifically told me to tell my service writers to manually enter the VIN into thier systems. I did that and had no problem. I think this issue has something to do with the way they are seeing or not seeing this car in thier system. I'm sure this will be resolved quicly. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
More money made in service than selling the car, so this doesn't add up as a successful business model which typically means we're missing part of the picture. Since OSD is the same price, I'm curious, did you have trouble with them in the buying process as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts