SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips? I tried the procedure in the below video, several times, but can't get rid of the service reminder. Yes I am up to date on my service. Help??

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Any tips? I tried the procedure in the below video, several times, but can't get rid of the service reminder. Yes I am up to date on my service. Help??

Go to your Volvo retailer and they will reset it for you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They already did. Apparently not correctly. Trying to save a trip back there.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried it, did not work on my 2015. Bummer....guess I'll have to stop by the dealer this week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tried it, did not work on my 2015. Bummer....guess I'll have to stop by the dealer this week.
Hi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer;).

1. You will need to insert your remote key into the ignition slot and select T2 on your trip odometer.

2. Hit the start button once without your foot on the brake. You will be on ignition mode "l".

3. Then press and hold the OK button on your turn signal lever. While pressing OK, quickly hit and hold the start button at the same time without your foot on the brake.

4. Hold both buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Until you see an illuminated "i" flashing on your display.

5. Once you see it flashing. Release both the OK and Start button. You will hear a 'Ding' which means you're done.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer;).

1. You will need to insert your remote key into the ignition slot and select T2 on your trip odometer.

2. Hit the start button once without your foot on the brake. You will be on ignition mode "l".

3. Then press and hold the OK button on your turn signal lever. While pressing OK, quickly hit and hold the start button at the same time without your foot on the brake.

4. Hold both buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Until you see an illuminated "i" flashing on your display.

5. Once you see it flashing. Release both the OK and Start button. You will hear a 'Ding' which means you're done.
+1, this works with the odo reset as well with 2 caveats. You must have a value in the trip odo - at least 0.1 and release it when the i light flashes not after. If you do it after, you will have to repeat

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks that worked! Much appreciated! It's pretty touchy... Took a couple tries. The blinking i you are looking for is the little yellow one, Not the big white one on the menu.

·
Registered
689 Posts
awesome ! its very similar to how its done on my s40 also

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this via PM from Dave H. Adding to the knowledge base:

Try this, it worked for me.
During this process , you will never put your foot on the brake pedal. *Put the key in the ignition but do not start the vehicle. I had the Odometer trip reset on T2. *Now take your left hand, press and hold the ODO reset button (trip button) In middle of dash. Keeping the trip button depressed Now press the start button once. *(foot *away from brake* pedal). *Press and hold the start button down again until all the idiot lights come on then release the start button and watch in the middle of the dash at the bottom for a triangle or square with and "i" in it to flash. When it flashes twice release the ODO reset button and shut the car off. Now restart the car and see if it clears.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just had my 2015.5 V60 in for a TPMS software update, and they did the scheduled service in though I was only at 7k miles. They forgot to reset the service reminder, though, since it's still telling me I will need service in 2,9xx miles.

Will the process outlined above reset the maintenance reminder, or only clear the "book time for service" message (which I haven't seen yet)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It should do both. AFAIK there are time and distance factors built into the reminder.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
717 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Schedule Time For Maintenance reset procedure

Yep -- it worked! Took a couple of tries, but reset everything. Love this resources this site provides....
I was getting that annoying "Schedule Time for Maintenance" message on my 2015 V60. I had maintenance done a couple of months ago so, I started searching for a solution; starting on Swedespeed of course. I found this at
https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answ...eset-the-service-reminder-(maintenance-light)

If you had your Volvo in for servicing and your service light was not reset or if your light is on*before you are due for maintenance, please follow the steps below to reset the light:
Turn*the ignition*to position I (please refer to your owner's manual for information on the ignition modes)
Press and hold the OK/Reset button on the left steering wheel stalk. Switch the ignition to position II while still holding OK/Reset button. Wait 10 seconds while still holding the OK/Reset button. Release the OK/Reset button when the information light starts to blink. Turn off the ignition for at least 3 minutes*
You will hear a beep when the reminder is reset. If this does not work we will refer you to the Service Department at your Volvo Dealer to have the light reset.

It took me about 5 tries before I got the sequence just right but, IT WORKED!!

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
The step that I was missing was that you need to be in T2, not T1. Once I did this it worked just as outlined.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This worked on my 2011 S60 T6. T1, T2 didn't matter, it worked on both.
During this process , you will never put your foot on the brake pedal. *Put the key in the ignition but do not start the vehicle. I had the Odometer trip reset on T2. *Now take your left hand, press and hold the ODO reset button (trip button) In middle of dash. Keeping the trip button depressed Now press the start button once. *(foot *away from brake* pedal). *Press and hold the start button down again until all the idiot lights come on then release the start button and watch in the middle of the dash at the bottom for a triangle or square with and "i" in it to flash. When it flashes twice release the ODO reset button and shut the car off. Now restart the car and see if it clears.

Got it from this site.

http://www.justanswer.com/volvo/2jmyl-reset-maintenance-overdue-information-light.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
How To Reset Your Volvo Service Maintenance Light-Message - 2016 & Newer XC90-XC60-S90-V90-XC40

Go to your Volvo retailer and they will reset it for you.
My dealer insisted I bring it in (new 2019 XC60) for them to do a reset (after only 4500 miles and 8 months use I should do the 10k scheduled factory maintenance???). They refused to tell me how to do it, so after a quick search found this very simple procedure and did myself. It worked after just one try.

Apparently, my dealer failed to set the factory maintenance reminder system when prepping the car for delivery. Also, when I took delivery, driving home the car rode like a truck....very harsh ride!! Checked the tire pressures the next morning.......45 psi ! Specs call for 33psi ! Volvo cars....excellent. My local Volvo dealer service department....poor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts