Hi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer.Tried it, did not work on my 2015. Bummer....guess I'll have to stop by the dealer this week.
+1, this works with the odo reset as well with 2 caveats. You must have a value in the trip odo - at least 0.1 and release it when the i light flashes not after. If you do it after, you will have to repeatHi, try this method. It worked like a charm just a couple of weeks ago with my 2015 V60. Hope it works. I'll save you a trip back to the dealer.
1. You will need to insert your remote key into the ignition slot and select T2 on your trip odometer.
2. Hit the start button once without your foot on the brake. You will be on ignition mode "l".
3. Then press and hold the OK button on your turn signal lever. While pressing OK, quickly hit and hold the start button at the same time without your foot on the brake.
4. Hold both buttons for about 10-15 seconds. Until you see an illuminated "i" flashing on your display.
5. Once you see it flashing. Release both the OK and Start button. You will hear a 'Ding' which means you're done.
I was getting that annoying "Schedule Time for Maintenance" message on my 2015 V60. I had maintenance done a couple of months ago so, I started searching for a solution; starting on Swedespeed of course. I found this atYep -- it worked! Took a couple of tries, but reset everything. Love this resources this site provides....
My dealer insisted I bring it in (new 2019 XC60) for them to do a reset (after only 4500 miles and 8 months use I should do the 10k scheduled factory maintenance???). They refused to tell me how to do it, so after a quick search found this very simple procedure and did myself. It worked after just one try.Go to your Volvo retailer and they will reset it for you.