SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Winter is fun, but summer is better!

Picked up my summer Peg's this morning from my rim guy.
Sandblasted, powder coated in Gunmetal, Machined and then finished with clear powder coat. :cool:

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
NICE!!!

Though I'd ditch the Pirelli's.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You've just got yourself a new coffee table :) They look great !

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NICE!!!

Though I'd ditch the Pirelli's.
Haha - I was expecting that.
Pirelli's are what the Volvo dealers put on CPO cars around here. They only have about 4k on them, so too soon to blow them away.
Once they're done, I'll be switching to performance summers.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Cool.

I never get tired of pegs, especially ones that look like that, damn, well done.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Lookin good. I was just scoping my summer pegs today in the basement. Need to get he tires off for powder coating. Just have to find the time. Cant wait for summer. Very happy with my winter set up, but the 18s look so much better on the caR.

·
Registered
279 Posts
woah those are some sweet looking pegs..
btw when is the next toronto/gta gtg going to be??

·
Registered
227 Posts
I love this look... reminds me of the wheels on my old GTI. Combining two of my favorite OEM wheels!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
... Very happy with my winter set up, but the 18s look so much better on the caR.
Can't argue with that. 18s do look amazing on the R!
I almost went that way, but TBH, my deciding factor was the 'bent rim poll' from last October and I have to keep in mind it's still a family hauler. :)
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I would do the same in that case. I plan on keeping the 17s on a bit longer until the holes are all patched around here in the spring. There are some rim killing craters showing up now that the snow is gone.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure...Maybe someone will organize another Wasaga meet for late April or early May. :)

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Me likey! I especially like that the gunmetal can hide the brake dust better than the normal silver.

Not sure...Maybe someone will organize another Wasaga meet for late April or early May. :)
Or maybe some kook from Northeast Indiana will be in the Toronto area this summer with short notice... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Or maybe some kook from Northeast Indiana will be in the Toronto area this summer with short notice... :rolleyes:
Hey, drop us a PM anytime you're heading this way. But you need to work out a way to bring your VR for a proper photo shoot.
Cheers!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looking amazing! ;)

How much did the refinishing run you for all 4?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking amazing! ;)

How much did the refinishing run you for all 4?
I actually made a special arrangement with the rim repair shop. I dropped them off in November. I told him I was in no rush for them and he could do them whenever he had time and was not so busy. All I asked was that he give me a good job at a fair price. He finally got around to it last week.

There was a thread on machined Pegs back in November where a price range of $170 - $250 per rim was mentioned. Let's just say by the time I added mounting, balancing and taxes so the government can fill in the pot holes on our roads...my out of pocket expense landed at the low end of that.

Have to say that the workmanship is top notch. Even when mounting the tires, their machine holds the wheel from the center hub, so there are no jaw or gripper marks on the inside of the rim.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts