SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joining the XC club and ordered a 2013 XC70 T6 with the Polestar performance option a few months ago. It should arrive in the next week. We traded in an S60R as we needed the space for a toddler and all his accoutrements. Looking forward to doing some custom upgrades as we are not ready to be "station wagon" parents just yet...

We chose the T6 Platinum with boosters, BLIS, climate package, rear entertainment, and Polestar in Twilight Bronze with Sandstone Beige leather.

I'll post some pics and plans for upgrades once we get it in a few days...

Regards!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Awesome! Be great to see the images. Good luck with the new addition to the family.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I highly recommend the IPD rear anti-sway bar and endlinks...made a huge improvement for me in handling around turns and sweeping freeway exits, etc.

Be prepared to give up any and all use of radar-detectors with the City Safety "feature" (BLIS may impact this, as well...I don't know, I didn't order it on my '12).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I have had my 2013 black XC70 polestar for 2 weeks now, I am going to get into trouble with this thing. I just want to drive around all day especially in sport mode, everyone else just drives way to slow. It's almost embarassing how fast it takes off from stop lights. I just wonder what people think when they see a wagon speed by them. It even sounds good. All I need now is my Polestar badge, hopefully in the mail and the rear sway bar upgrade is probably a good idea. I am a little disappointed in the base stereo but didn't need to spend another $5K for the upgrade and navigation. Looking forward to other peoples comments.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
We bought a 2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar + Twilight Bronze with Expresso brown interior. We could not be happier -- now have 7,300 miles with zero issues. Yours will be an awesome car.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I say save up for IPD sway bars and look for any strut tower braces as they also aid cornering and ride comfort a bit. Hope you like your new XC70! :D

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I say save up for IPD sway bars and look for any strut tower braces as they also aid cornering and ride comfort a bit. Hope you like your new XC70! :D
The XC70 does not need "ride comfort" enhancement. It is, by far, the most balanced Volvo today with regards to decent handling and comfortable ride. Possibly, a strut tower brace will enhance the handling but in a minor way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The XC70 does not need "ride comfort" enhancement. It is, by far, the most balanced Volvo today with regards to decent handling and comfortable ride. Possibly, a strut tower brace will enhance the handling but in a minor way.
My '12 XC70 improved it's tracking and rear-end stability with the IPD rear anti-sway bar and endlinks.

It's not a comfort enhancement, but a handling enhancement that is quite noticeable. Quite significant.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Adding just the Polestar is quite likely the BEST performance upgrade for the 2012+ XC70 T6 model IMO. It really is senseless thinking of and doing crazy high speed turns and rapid directional changes in the XC70. Just my 2cents worth mind you... and maybe I'm showing my age...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Adding just the Polestar is quite likely the BEST performance upgrade for the 2012+ XC70 T6 model IMO. It really is senseless thinking of and doing crazy high speed turns and rapid directional changes in the XC70. Just my 2cents worth mind you... and maybe I'm showing my age...

Perhaps you're misinterpreting my desire for stability at pretty much normal speeds (and under normal driving circumstances) for reckless driving. I'm 57, myself, these days...

I have two other cars, a '05 Toyota Sienna AWD minivan, and a '09 911 Carrera 4S. The XC70 will never be the 911, but there is no reason in the world to *not* improve the tracking/stability of the XC70 to achieve more secure handling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just checked with IPD to make sure their rear sway bar would fit the 2013 XC70, they dont have 2013 as an option yet. They told me NO, only because they haven't seen the 2013 yet so they have to say that. Does anyone know if it will fit?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
My '12 XC70 improved it's tracking and rear-end stability with the IPD rear anti-sway bar and endlinks.

It's not a comfort enhancement, but a handling enhancement that is quite noticeable. Quite significant.
Yeah, I am pretty sure they have made quite a difference. Nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have had my 2013 black XC70 polestar for 2 weeks now, I am going to get into trouble with this thing. I just want to drive around all day especially in sport mode, everyone else just drives way to slow. It's almost embarassing how fast it takes off from stop lights. I just wonder what people think when they see a wagon speed by them. It even sounds good. All I need now is my Polestar badge, hopefully in the mail and the rear sway bar upgrade is probably a good idea. I am a little disappointed in the base stereo but didn't need to spend another $5K for the upgrade and navigation. Looking forward to other peoples comments.

Quck question bud, now that you have had your Polestar for a bit have you noticed any hard shifts in the transmission when you get on it? I have read a few reviews that discuss hard shifts when you have the polestar upgrade and was curious if you or anyone else has noticed this..? Thanks for any input or thoughts!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Quck question bud, now that you have had your Polestar for a bit have you noticed any hard shifts in the transmission when you get on it? I have read a few reviews that discuss hard shifts when you have the polestar upgrade and was curious if you or anyone else has noticed this..? Thanks for any input or thoughts!
The only 'hard shift' I've noticed is when the car's engine is cold... that is shortly after driving the car when it had been left overnight. It only happens once after making a right hand turn and go downhill. Shortly after the turn the gear shift up quite abruptly... again, it happens only once when I drive off in the morning like this. Once the engine is warmed up and/or the gear box is warmed up it does not do this.

Now I can't say if this is related to the Polestar as I've always had the Polestar since picking up the car new last April/March.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't noticed any hard shifts except maybe when you floor it and then let off on the throttle very quickly, somebody jumps out in front of you. Then it seems to get a bit confused and only in sport mode.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts