SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Are you having tranny issues or just worried that your power level is going to take a toll on it?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you having tranny issues or just worried that your power level is going to take a toll on it?
the latter. i want to start slowly building the whole drive train. axles, tranny, lsd, angle gear, halidex, etc. so i can start dumping this ish off the line and track it haha

a tranny is one of the things i have never built. i am more than up for the challenge, esp to save money, but i agree, i do not know of anyone that makes kits? or what to do? can i get the stock internals sent out or do i need all new?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Here is a thought, just dump on it as you wish and if its all well sorted it should hold up just fine. If not, then buy another one and just beef up whatever weak links you discover.

Trying to preemptively beef up something without even knowing what needs to be beefed up is an exercise in futility.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Some have had a dog box made for the M56h, likely something could be done for the M66 but I'm sure it's not cheap

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Some have had a dog box made for the M56h, likely something could be done for the M66 but I'm sure it's not cheap

Those gears aren't even turning and I can hear the loud whining noise.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I got a tour of Zolder Motorsports park and a ride-along in a BTCC 850 a few years back. The gear whine is the stand out memory from that ride. That and an appreciation for just how harsh a car could ride.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I got a tour of Zolder Motorsports park and a ride-along in a BTCC 850 a few years back. The gear whine is the stand out memory from that ride. That and an appreciation for just how harsh a car could ride.
I would totally build a project car with straight cut gears, but no f'ing way I would want to listen to that every day in my daily driver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts