SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my S60R for 8,000 miles/4 months and it's time to get a short shifter.

I've found a few places that offer them for sale, but I am unsure where to buy it, and if they are all the same or not.

Does anybody have any recommendations as to where to purchase (online), and whether the ones advertised are the same or in some way superior/inferior to other offerings?

Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've had my S60R for 8,000 miles/4 months and it's time to get a short shifter.

I've found a few places that offer them for sale, but I am unsure where to buy it, and if they are all the same or not.

Does anybody have any recommendations as to where to purchase (online), and whether the ones advertised are the same or in some way superior/inferior to other offerings?

Thanks
Snabb and TWM are the big ones. You can get them from vivaperformance.com or snabb.us

·
6,436 Posts
Or replace your shift knob...the OEM one sits higher on the shaft ...you can lower it a good inch with a different knob

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not to mention the different bushings and plastic upgrades, the actual lever and the "short shifter kit." Three separate items on Viva's website. I'm assuming you need all three to do it properly.

S

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a video of the Twm shortshifter installed? Im curious of how mutch shorter the gear change gets. Is there any known problem with it?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Does anyone have a video of the Twm shortshifter installed? Im curious of how mutch shorter the gear change gets. Is there any known problem with it?
No kit will actually make shifts FASTER, you're limited by the transmission itself (3 syncros on 1st and 2nd gear, 2 syncros on 3rd gear).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can recommend the snabb, but I do have one lesson-learned. Before I installed my snabb, I had purchased a threaded twm knob that required I thread the stock shifter, which was pretty easy with a die set. I loved the twm knob on its own, but was longing for a shorter throw.

I then installed the snabb and tried to thread it, only to realize it was stainless, and too hard for me to thread. So now I have an awesome short throw, but I am stuck using the stupid stock Volvo knob until I uninstall the snabb and either use a vice to thread it, or find a machine shop to thread it for me.

So my advice is to get the snabb, but thread it before you install it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts