SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to you all.
I have been facing some issues with this transmission on my S80 2.0T (Getrag 6DCT450)
Current set up is full Stage 1+
Is there anyone that has swapped any other transmission on this engine either a manual or automatic that can hold around 300hp.

Attachments

· Registered
622 Posts
You would probably be best off with the M66 or TF80SC automatic, however it will be a lot of work for either. The TF80SC can handle well into the 400/500 range without issues.

· Registered
622 Posts
I would also like to ask what I might need to do the swap.(currently I have the 2.0t engine)
We dont get that small of a motor on the US spec S80s. Also that being said there are not many M66 swapped P3s on any english speaking forums. The M66 was only paired to the low end diesels in Europe, all P3 cars in the US have an Aisin transmission. The cost and engineering of the swap makes it almost impossible.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We dont get that small of a motor on the US spec S80s. Also that being said there are not many M66 swapped P3s on any english speaking forums. The M66 was only paired to the low end diesels in Europe, all P3 cars in the US have an Aisin transmission. The cost and engineering of the swap makes it almost impossible.
I guess then I'll go in blind and figure it out along the way.
Cheers thanks for the info.

· Registered
622 Posts
I guess then I'll go in blind and figure it out along the way.
Cheers thanks for the info.
A lot of T6 guys wish they could install a T6, but yes what you are trying to do doesnt have a simple answer. However if you do make sure to record your progress here! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts