SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, so ever since I got my 01 s60 NON turbo (about a year ago) I didn't do anything of what I planned so far due to a high mileage of the vehicle (201XXX miles) but honestly through the whole time of ownership I had to fix only only the upper strut mounts ~300$ and that's it!! that's my dd, it never let me down.

So to sumup: transmission is being a little rough, but nothing too bad and I actually bought it like that. Engine is still pretty strong, even though it's making some weird noises at 4-5k rpm, but I don't go there too often. And it seems to be that mechanics are not really into figuring out what's the problem is...

So the question is: should I go right ahead and put money and get some goodies?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
If it were me I would not start modding a car with 200K+ miles unless my budget included replacing / rebuilding engine & tranny. plus non turbo's are hard to get extra horsepower out of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah guys, that's what I was thinking about ever since I got it... But damn, those cars are reliable!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you have the money and the credit line - upgrade to a model with a turbo.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You can find an 05+ turbo that you can frame your mods on pretty easy. If you think your 01 is low-care, try it after the 1st year bugs got worked out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts