SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and it looks like there has been some Volvo activity around Atlanta and I know there are some Volvo people in Georgia, I've seen you out there! But, I haven't seen any attempts at a gathering for 2014 yet, so here goes! If you live in Georgia or Atlanta specifically, post your car and a general location of where you live. I don't envision this to be a thread where we get people from far away saying "Oh yeah, I wanna come!" (But anyone is welcome of course if we can establish a routine gathering.) I'm thinking of a group of people who can get some kind of regular get together because we're in close proximity. Once we get a few replies up though, we'll see what we can make work based on where people live and schedules. Just a low key meeting or two at first would be cool, but then a drive up to the mountains or something would be fun too! Feel free to mention this thread to anyone who may not check here frequently! I have posted a similar topic on Volvospeed as well. I'll start:

I'm John, I have a 98 V70 T5M and I live near the perimeter of the Northwest side of Atlanta.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
S40 lives in Woodstock with me. I work in Acworth and am frequently in Marietta and Dahlonega.

The 850 lives in Dahlonega but is often in Woodstock. Both cars have SS stickers in the 3rd windows.

You will see me at every Volvo meet in the state.

As for VCOA Atlanta chapter events, we have the Dyer and Dyer meet coming up in May/June. We just haven't announced the official dates for that yet. Most focus has been on the C30s Conquer the Dragon even next month, since it's an easy day trip from here.

Every month I got to Caffeine and Octane, it would be great to all meet up at that event, enjoy the show, then go for a mountain drive. Anyone else down for meeting up April 6th at C&O?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I am in Warner Robins with 2 T5M's. I loeft you a message on Volvospeed. Would love to see your wagon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am new here but I am in Dalton Ga. I have a 2002 v70 2.4t wagon that I just picked up. Its a one owner creampuff and totally unmolested. If there is ever a get together I would come. Just to meet folks and get ideas on sprucing my car up! How do I get a picture on here?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
How do I get a picture on here?
You'll have to host the picture on a 3rd party site such as flickr or picasa, then you can get the "embed this photo" link and share in on here with the "insert image" button.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! We'd love to help you molest that unmolested car! So far Caffeine and Octane is one event that a few people will be going to. It's in Alpharetta, GA on April 6th. There is a thread on here about it or google it for more info. To put pictures up you'll need to upload pictures to a site like Photo Bucket then copy the link for that image into your next post.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drive around Roswell/ Marietta in either my '67 1800S or '95 940. I show up at Caffeine and Octane regularly and look forward to the upcoming Dyer Dyer meet!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Roll call for Caffeine and Octane this Sunday! I'll be there early but can't stay for very long. Anybody else gonna show up?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Roll call for Caffeine and Octane this Sunday! I'll be there early but can't stay for very long. Anybody else gonna show up?
I'll be there in the S40, I plan on arriving around 6-6:30. Parking in front of Mambo Jambo.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Had a lot of fun at the meet today! Pictures to come, along with a sweet video.

Maybe next month we could arrange to go out to an early lunch and go for a drive through the mountains? I know of a short fun little road near Dahlonega GA that ends on the top of a mountain with a nice overlook.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely was fun to meet today! Lunch and mountain drive sounds like an awesome idea to me!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok looks like I checked this a little to late. Totally missed a get together. How often is this event? And when is the dyer dyer event? Thanks. Joe

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Caffeine and Octane is the first Sunday of every month. The next meet is tomorrow!

Dates have not yet been released for Dyer & Dyer, not sure what the hold up is.... But I will follow up on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My name is Nick. I drive a black 07 s60 T5. Am around Woodstock, Marietta. Would love to meet fellow Volvo lovers! It's nice to see some interest in starting something here.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
My name is Nick. I drive a black 07 s60 T5. Am around Woodstock, Marietta. Would love to meet fellow Volvo lovers! It's nice to see some interest in starting something here.
Now I'm surprised I haven't seen you. I live in Woodstock, used to go to school in Marietta, and I work in Acworth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just moved here, and am living in Loganville temporarily. You may see my Magic Blue 2005 S60R traveling back and forth to Alpharetta each weekday.

I'll likely buy a house in Suwanee, but I'm having a 'fun' time finding a house with 3+ garage spaces.

I'm also a Toyota nut. I have a heavily modified 92 Celica AllTrac Turbo that will be moved out from Colorado soon.

I need to find a Volvo-friendly shop that will put my car up on a lift and let me inspect all the suspension and mounts. I have a crazy amount of clunking going on at the moment. I'm guessing worn bushings, broken swaybar endlinks, cracked motor mounts -- who knows, but it's terrible, even on the smallest little bumps. Any shops you guys like in the Alpharetta-to-Loganville area? All my tools are still in storage back in Colorado, or I'd just do this myself.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Josh

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Welcome to SwedeSpeed Josh!

Professional Automotive Repair is one of the better Volvo indie shops in Atlanta. They have a location in Marietta and in Alpharetta. They're generally accepting of having you in the garage while they're working, but I'm not sure if they'll let you get up close and examine everything on your own. You'll probably have to pay shop fees as well.

There a few big enthusiasts in this area, so I'm sure some people would be more than willing to share their garage with you for a day. I have basic tools, enough to do just about anything to my car, but only two jacks and two ramps, so that won't really help you get a good look under your car.

1 - 20 of 400 Posts