SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the ipd unit working for you. It's been in your car for some time now right?<BR>Do you have the ipd exhaust on yet, and if so has it helped performance. I ask because I went ahead and ordered the ecm upgrade and the exhaust from ipd. Have you noticed any gas milage changes with light foot crusing. anyway I look foward to your replie. <BR>Mike

·
Registered
217 Posts
I put my IPD ecu in last week, very good performance, have not run it full out as yet but close. My exaust just came today and is in my garage now. I got a SCT 3inch down pipe/race cat and the complete rear system as well, it will be on this weekend, I still have to polish it some more. As far as gas milage not much different, but I will see after the exhaust is on and I can really run her hard. With toys like this who cares about gas milage, just drive and have fun! The boost gauge I put in at the same time reads just over 10 under load have not yet switched the ecu back to compare.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
The performance is quite better, though I haven't done the exhaust yet. I hope to within the next few weeks. Finding time is tough, as the garage I have access to with a lift is 2 hrs away. I may just bite the bullet and have it installed when the car goes in for service soon.<P>Mileage is tough to tell. I'm not doing all that much better, but I do find myself being a little bit more of a lead foot on the car since I did the install. I need to take it on a long trip to determine the difference.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
George, I may be able to help with the exhaust. I may be able to do it at my friend's shop in GB. Let me know if you are interested.<P>Prospero<P>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Im not to concerened with fuel consumption being that the car I came from at best would get around 15 mpg in town, Fast as hell though. So if it stays about the same or slightly worse i can live with that. I do expect it to burn more fuel when the foot is down though and thats fine with me. I'm very much looking foward to installing my parts. Also I ordered the ipd sway bars for my R wagon. The sales person assured me an improvement over the stock R equipment. I'm only looking for a little flatter cornering. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
97R...Sounds like you are doing all the thing I'm dreaming of doing some time in the future. Keep us up dated on how each piece improves performance. I am especially interested because I also have a 97R wagon.<BR>Good luck...

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Matt, I may take you up on that. I'll shoot you an email when I think there might be a good time, to see if it is good for you guys. I am away this weekend all weekend.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
George,<BR> We can do it during the week as well. Just let me know. My guy knows that you are interested in getting the exhaust done so he is keeping the schedule loose.<P>Prospero

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I recieved the ipd exhaust portion of my order today via UPS. Tonight I'm going to attempt to install it. Looks a very well made and quality is top notch as far as I can tell. I'm also hoping that the new system will weigh less than the stock tubing and huge muffler. I might cut out of work early today to get started sooner. The sway bars came also, now I'm just waiting for the ECU. I'll let you guys know how a jack-stand and on your back exhaust install goes. <BR>Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts