SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gen 3 haldex controller pulled from an XC90. Many are familiar with the “AWD mod,” where using this makes your AWD feel as if it’s a RWD. This is complete and ready to be installed. $200 shipped via priority mail. Thanks SS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
852 Posts
Any links to a thread about this mod? Would this work on an 04 vR?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any links to a thread about this mod? Would this work on an 04 vR?

Check out “Real AWD Upgrade - Improved Power Split - Gen 3 Haldex” here on SS, I can’t copy the link but it should be easy enough to find.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
it didnt work....

I have an 06 V70R and have been looking for a setup to enhance rear bias as discussed, so I was quite excited when I found this tread and thought it might be an option for P2 cars.
So, sourced a controller assembly from an 06 XC90 V8 and made the swap. I was encouraged that the XC90 and P2R modules were in fact different aside from different part numbers, albeit minor (XC90 has a black pressure sensor and the P2R has a brown sensor).

Unfortunately this mod didn't work in the P2R due to a communication fault and chassis system settings failure, which essentially disables 4C and DTSC. I've spoken with Xemodex about it and they confirmed that DEM's are VIN locked, so at least on P2's you can't swap them. They also aren't interested in helping, although it appear they're able because CAN comms and the controller programming are two separate payloads based the discussion.

Anyway.... still looking for solutions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Am I missing how this would ever work? The prop shaft is locked to the transmission. The front wheels are essentially locked as well ( of course the diff spins them slower when turning.) The rear clutch pack engauges with the Aoc. Even if it's fully connected wouldn't you always be limited to 50 50? Because there's no way to limit power to the front wheels?

it didnt work....

I have an 06 V70R and have been looking for a setup to enhance rear bias as discussed, so I was quite excited when I found this tread and thought it might be an option for P2 cars.
So, sourced a controller assembly from an 06 XC90 V8 and made the swap. I was encouraged that the XC90 and P2R modules were in fact different aside from different part numbers, albeit minor (XC90 has a black pressure sensor and the P2R has a brown sensor).

Unfortunately this mod didn't work in the P2R due to a communication fault and chassis system settings failure, which essentially disables 4C and DTSC. I've spoken with Xemodex about it and they confirmed that DEM's are VIN locked, so at least on P2's you can't swap them. They also aren't interested in helping, although it appear they're able because CAN comms and the controller programming are two separate payloads based the discussion.

Anyway.... still looking for solutions.

·
Registered
947 Posts
it didnt work....
I just swapped complete rear subframe with dif, aoc, haldex, etc from early 07 SR into late 07 VR and awd works perfectly, no errors. Xemodex saying DEM is vin locked is just pure bull... and them fixing probably thousands of these, they have to know dem is not vin specific. Giving misinformation is not cool. I guess they are trying to get more business.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just swapped complete rear subframe with dif, aoc, haldex, etc from early 07 SR into late 07 VR and awd works perfectly, no errors. Xemodex saying DEM is vin locked is just pure bull... and them fixing probably thousands of these, they have to know dem is not vin specific. Giving misinformation is not cool. I guess they are trying to get more business.
Yup. Swapped different dem on my xc70 and no issues with vida or car

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
what you did should work fine did that as well....but you're saying that any xc90 v8 that is being sold here will work for any SS member same way as it did in your vr without any codes???? have you even tried that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts