SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Geely showed off its first pickup truck model last week at a company event publicised on social media, while official documents showed a joint venture of carmakers including GM seeking approval to build its first pickup truck model.

The companies are trying to tap into the niche market, which still accounts for less than 2% of overall vehicle sales in China, but that has outperformed as local governments ease restrictions on their entry into urban areas.

China sold around 251,000 pickup trucks in the first seven months of 2020, according to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM). That represented a 1.4% fall from the same period last year, but was more modest than the 12.7% slump in overall vehicle sales over that period. ......

Meanwhile, Geely is building a vehicle plant which will have an annual manufacturing capacity of 100,000 vehicles, including pickup trucks, in China’s eastern city of Zibo, construction bidding documents on the company website showed. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...chinas-pickup-truck-competition-idUSKBN25S3QH

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
It is modified from a compact SUV + trunk. It is useful but seems quite weird and hard to attract buyers.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll buy one if they make it available to the US market.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I'll buy one if they make it available to the US market.
They don't have plan to sell here. Even Lynk&Co only planned 01PHEV for Europe but still not delivering.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They don't have plan to sell here. Even Lynk&Co only planned 01PHEV for Europe but still not delivering.
But I would still buy it if it sold here. I would buy this Volvo one especially.

Pickup .jpg

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nor would I be able to resist this.

Volvo El Camino.jpg

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts