SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
You need to include more info..What car, year, etc. Go into a little more detail of the issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2008 C70 gearshift will not traverse fully to right for manual operation. Would also like to know what the small "trapdoor" on the trim below the D(rive) letter?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
You need to include more info..What car, year, etc. Go into a little more detail of the issue.
The year is going to be irrelevant since all P1s from 2004-2013 will function the same way, and this is in the C70 subforum.

2008 C70 gearshift will not traverse fully to right for manual operation. Would also like to know what the small "trapdoor" on the trim below the D(rive) letter?
The small "trap door" can be lifted up and the aluminum key blade (or a flat head screw driver) can be inserted to manually override the electronic gear lock. In case it goes bad, this allows you to still put the car in D or R from P.

I'd suggest reading through the owner's manual on your car, as all these little features are explained. Plus it's worth reading through to learn more about your car.

would bet your shifter blind is broken...plastic gets brittle with age and starts to break apart and clog up the shifter. had my replaced last year. can try DIY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CruxLJ9aE
+1 My guess as well. There is a magnetic sensor on the shifter blind that alerts the car when it is in M mode. But if the shifter blind is cracked, this will not work. If pieces of the shifter blind have fallen off, it could be physically preventing the gear selector from going into M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts