SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo Noobi,

I know this may have been covered in a previous post so my apologies. I am loosing my mind with something that the dealership told me, but need y'alls guidance.

I know this is little but, I am the A type so it drives me crazy. I am asking to see if anyone drives a 2014 T6 AWD and has from factory the gear shift lights that light up.

Either I am loosing my mind or the dealership is correct and they do not or ever have lighted up.

Can some one please let me know if they have lights on the gear shift stock in a T6 2014?

Thanks,

Volvonoobi

·
Registered
820 Posts
The knob illuminates only enough to see the white letters in the dark. It does not indicate the drive gear. The drive gear is shown on the dash display instead.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The knob illuminates only enough to see the white letters in the dark. It does not indicate the drive gear. The drive gear is shown on the dash display instead.
How can I get the dealership to understand the light is out. They asked the technician and did not believe that it lit up. If you have a picture that will help. Any out there that you know of?

Thanks blindkarma

·
Registered
820 Posts
My guess is you are talking to the wrong person at the dealership. The service technician has access to a wiring diagram and also instructions for replacing the shift knob. They know the knob has a wire attached to it. The only purpose of the wire is to power the light. They also have other XC60s and S60s with the same knob and can check in the dark when turning on the headlights.

The knob has a wire attached to it for the light.

The wire runs under the leather shift boot.

The wire plugs into the left side of the lower console.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts