1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I ask for help! My cable of an old sample, I can't find number OE in any way
Maybe who bought to himself an original set, give number please
I don't want to change the lever under a new sample and to put new a cable. The cable as on a photo is necessary
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I found a number of cable 2003-2004 model year, the number of cable as in the photo - 30614453

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I had the shift cables in my 2004 changed for free by the dealership, there was a service bulletin for a buzzing noise. Maybe you are still eligible?

Я имел сдвиг кабели в моем 2004 изменил бесплатно, дилерской , было бюллетень службы для жужжание . Может быть, вы все равно имеете право ?

YA imel sdvig kabeli v moyem 2004 izmenil besplatno, dilerskoy , bylo byulleten' sluzhby dlya zhuzhzhaniye . Mozhet byt', vy vse ravno imeyete pravo ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a set of 04 shift cables if you need to buy a used set. Good shape, I just changed mine over to the new style when I bought my short shift bracket. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a set of 04 shift cables if you need to buy a used set. Good shape, I just changed mine over to the new style when I bought my short shift bracket. PM me if interested.
Hi SilverR04.

Would you mind telling me which parts did you change to do the conversion from old to new cables style?

Would you have the part numbers and any photo of the process?

I'd thank you a lot.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Hi n23, how long time did they change your shift cables?

Thanks!
IF you mean, how long did it take, it took one day. If you mean, when did they change them, it was before my car hit 100k miles, so about 3 years ago. My cables were making a buzzing noise in 6th gear and the TNN (service bulletin) covered it exactly:

"TNN43-40-2004-03-03 Title: Buzzing Noise from M66 Shifter, S60R/V70R.
Some customers may complain of a "Buzzing" noise from the manual shift lever in S60R / V70R cars. The noise is most easily heard when accelerating at high engine RPM (3000 RPM and higher). Applying light pressure to the shifter by hand will make the noise disappear."

·
Registered
232 Posts
IF you mean, how long did it take, it took one day. If you mean, when did they change them, it was before my car hit 100k miles, so about 3 years ago. My cables were making a buzzing noise in 6th gear and the TNN (service bulletin) covered it exactly:
Yes, I meant when did they change. Sorry for my English, I´m not a native speaker.

"TNN43-40-2004-03-03 Title: Buzzing Noise from M66 Shifter, S60R/V70R.
Some customers may complain of a "Buzzing" noise from the manual shift lever in S60R / V70R cars. The noise is most easily heard when accelerating at high engine RPM (3000 RPM and higher). Applying light pressure to the shifter by hand will make the noise disappear."
So.. I asked this because they changed your cables out of warranty, didn´t they?

My next question is: Has Volvo the obligation to repair the car out of warranty if there is a TNN and the car fulfill the requirements or symptoms? or how this works?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yes, I meant when did they change. Sorry for my English, I´m not a native speaker.
No trouble at all.
So.. I asked this because they changed your cables out of warranty, didn´t they?
It was out of the factory warranty, however I bought the car at 66k miles, CPO, and bought the VIP warranty until 100k. I don't remember if I paid for it, it was a while ago.
My next question is: Has Volvo the obligation to repair the car out of warranty if there is a TNN and the car fulfill the requirements or symptoms? or how this works?
I don't think they are required to but they might, as a goodwill gesture. Or, give a discount. I think it's up to your dealership and how far you're willing to fight it. It's not a life-safety issue or an emissions issue, and those two items carry longer warranty terms than normal repairs, in the US.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No trouble at all.

It was out of the factory warranty, however I bought the car at 66k miles, CPO, and bought the VIP warranty until 100k. I don't remember if I paid for it, it was a while ago.

I don't think they are required to but they might, as a goodwill gesture. Or, give a discount. I think it's up to your dealership and how far you're willing to fight it. It's not a life-safety issue or an emissions issue, and those two items carry longer warranty terms than normal repairs, in the US.
Good to know. Thanks n23!

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
As someone who is installing a 07 transmission into my 04, I thought some of you considering changing out cables or transmissions would appreciate knowing that there is no need to change out the entire shift arm on the transmission. You can just change the nub on the arm since they are screwed into the arm and the arms appear identical.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts